The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Four goals scored in ten years at OT. Yikes.

Where did you hear that? According to this it's 6.

http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/head_to_head/arsenal/vs/manchester_united/index.shtml#6stUWs0wADXsCPiW.97

still not much better obviously!
We have 0 chance at OT. As far as I'm concerned the game is a write off.

Prediction: Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal (Rooney, 12, 63 (pen))
I'd be very surprised if anybody other than Rooney scored for Man Utd.
Man Utd have been playing like poop lately but they will miraculously play better against us.
Original post by Mackay
Four goals scored in ten years at OT. Yikes.

They have only scored more than one goal at OT once in 20 odd years, and they conceded 8 that day :colondollar: Not worried about Arsenal at all, everyone knows how we'll set up and how to beat them. We'll almost certainly score from a counter attack and a set piece, if we score the first goal then they aren't winning the game.

Arsenal are long overdue a win at OT but I think they will achieve this in the league game, not the cup game. Although as both teams have **** defences it could easily end 4-3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want United to win in the cup fixture (Liverpool have a better chance in beating United than Arsenal imo) and lose (or draw) in the PL fixture :tongue:
Original post by sr90
They have only scored more than one goal at OT once in 20 odd years, and they conceded 8 that day :colondollar: Not worried about Arsenal at all, everyone knows how we'll set up and how to beat them. We'll almost certainly score from a counter attack and a set piece, if we score the first goal then they aren't winning the game.

Arsenal are long overdue a win at OT but I think they will achieve this in the league game, not the cup game. Although as both teams have **** defences it could easily end 4-3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will win I have no doubt but you are going to get an absolute hammering in FF quote of the year if somehow results go a different way :lol:
Original post by samir12
I want United to win in the cup fixture (Liverpool have a better chance in beating United than Arsenal imo) and lose (or draw) in the PL fixture :tongue:

I want Liverpool in the semis if we win, because if it was a final the ''do it for Gerrard'' wankfest in the media would be unbearable.

It was bad enough last year.
Original post by sr90
I want Liverpool in the semis if we win, because if it was a final the ''do it for Gerrard'' wankfest in the media would be unbearable.

It was bad enough last year.

Ha ha I feel you, final is on his birthday aswell which will just amplify the wankfest even more.
Original post by angelfox
We have 0 chance at OT. As far as I'm concerned the game is a write off.

Prediction: Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal (Rooney, 12, 63 (pen))

Care to elaborate as to why?
I don't think a United Liverpool final would be good for the neutral either. Our games are typically defensive and low scoring, both sides focusing more on avoiding defeat rather than winning the game. Nearly all of our recent meetings have been 1-1, 2-1, 1-0 etc and the few that aren't have been embarrassingly one sided.
Dont see how you could be downbeat about playing us at OT. I agree with Wenger, this match doesnt rely on the past games between these two teams but rather who plays well on the day and takes thier chances rather than waste them like Wilshere did.

If you go 1-0 ahead then thats game over. The worse that could happen is if it ends as a draw. As a United fan, i'm not being negative but i honestly think Arsenal might give us a hiding come Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody going to the match, Utd or Arsenal fans?
Original post by sevchenko

Really been dying to go since most of the games ive been to OT havent been against the most glamorous opposition. Can't seem to find any tickets for this game which is a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm going :smile:

Not sure why tbh
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Really been dying to go since most of the games ive been to OT havent been against the most glamorous opposition. Can't seem to find any tickets for this game which is a shame.

I'm if you monitor twitter you might be able at least one spare floating around or you can ask some ST holders if they know anyone who need to get rid of their ticket.

Original post by Zürich
Yeah I'm going :smile:

Not sure why tbh

Ah good stuff, I'm at block E231, row 21.

Neither am I tbh but I'm hoping to witness a change of fortune against Utd with a away win. My brother told me I was better of watching the game on tele then place all the money I'm spending on the ticket and travel on a bet on Arsenal to win instead.

Yeah. Longside upper tier.
(edited 9 years ago)
I assume all of the Arsenal fans will be traveling up to Manchester on the train.

Alongside all of the United fans.
Original post by Arkasia
I assume all of the Arsenal fans will be traveling up to Manchester on the train.

Alongside all of the United fans.

Attachment not found

Spoiler

Are there really season ticket holders who travel that long a distance to watch their team play at home?

Latest