The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have a feeling this will be a replay and you'll beat them at the Emirates.
Original post by sr90
Scholes is an awful pundit, i'm not sure why he's suddenly started opening his mouth but I don't like it.

Cash.
Original post by sevchenko
I'll be traveling from Liverpool too

Lol you and Kruz should meet up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Have a feeling this will be a replay and you'll beat them at the Emirates.

Cash.

Lol you and Kruz should meet up.

If it does go to a replay then we'll probably lose. I'm so annoyed that this is on a Monday night, there's virtually no football on this weekend :colonhash:
Original post by sr90
If it does go to a replay then we'll probably lose. I'm so annoyed that this is on a Monday night, there's virtually no football on this weekend :colonhash:

Yeah I'm just gonna watch other leagues instead but it's annoying because there's no early kickoff for the other leagues. :angry:
Original post by jam277
Yeah I'm just gonna watch other leagues instead but it's annoying because there's no early kickoff for the other leagues. :angry:

Today is ok as there's 2 FA Cup games and a Premier League game.

Tomorrow is **** though, 1 game which will just be Liverpool winning easily.
**** weekend for football, 3 ****ty FA Cup games and Tottenham vs QPR, plus I normally stay late at uni on a Monday to get all my **** done but that's not going to happen now.

Can see why Scholes hates Ozil, Scholes' was the tough guy in the midfield who could also pass.

Saying Ozil took the easy option is a bit of a piss take though, he'd have still probably started at Madrid and he chose to go to a team at the beginning of their building phase financially speaking, on paper we have one of the best squads in the league now bar the defence and goalkeeper and even then we're only 2 or 3 players short at most.
Original post by leinad2012
on paper we have one of the best squads in the league now bar the defence and goalkeeper and even then we're only 2 or 3 players short at most.

I don't think Ospina or Chesney are top class but they're too good to justify spending a fortune on another keeper. Who would you even get anyway?
Original post by sr90
I don't think Ospina or Chesney are top class but they're too good to justify spending a fortune on another keeper. Who would you even get anyway?

I agree to an extent, they're both reliable enough keepers and we'd have to spend a fortune on any replacement, and tbh I can't think of anyone available other than maybe Casillas who has aged and isn't exactly any better atm
Ospina and Szczesny are a throwback to the days when goalkeepers were mad.
Original post by leinad2012
**** weekend for football, 3 ****ty FA Cup games and Tottenham vs QPR, plus I normally stay late at uni on a Monday to get all my **** done but that's not going to happen now.

Can see why Scholes hates Ozil, Scholes' was the tough guy in the midfield who could also pass.

Saying Ozil took the easy option is a bit of a piss take though, he'd have still probably started at Madrid and he chose to go to a team at the beginning of their building phase financially speaking, on paper we have one of the best squads in the league now bar the defence and goalkeeper and even then we're only 2 or 3 players short at most.

Nah we're no where near it in the striker position and defensive midfield position. 4 players short minimum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I have never liked Theo, if he wants to go then he can piss off. I would rather we bring in Lacazette , guy has a higher ceiling that Theo imo.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh I have never liked Theo, if he wants to go then he can piss off. I would rather we bring in Lacazette , guy has a higher ceiling that Theo imo.

Lol says the guy bumming it off Giroud and saying what a world class player he is. If anything Giroud has reached his Ceiling and is at his max or very close to his max capabilities. I swear the most excuses I've heard for Giroud have something to do with him being good looking so its alright if he's not that good.
Theo will come good, lmao at people already saying we should sell him.
Original post by Numan786
Lol says the guy bumming it off Giroud and saying what a world class player he is. If anything Giroud has reached his Ceiling and is at his max or very close to his max capabilities. I swear the most excuses I've heard for Giroud have something to do with him being good looking so its alright if he's not that good.

I like Giroud, seems to give a damn and has non of the attitude problems Theo has. He is top class, never said he was world class because he goes missing sometimes so cannot be world class. To be world class imo you have to be able to dig some game changing goal out even when you are playing badly, Giroud does not have that.

Theo just pisses me off and he has reached his peak now. Giroud is every bit as good as Theo, better because he offers more to the teams chemistry up front. People were saying Higuain... yet, Giroud is every bit as good these days. Same level, they both go missing on the biggest stage at times (e.g. Higuains miss and bad performance against Germany), but they can play well against big teams.

Theo is easily replaceable and Lacazette would be a more than adequate replacement, he has proven himself with his goalscoring rate in France. 21 goals in 14 games, top scorer. Watched him play against PSG, he can play man, kids going places and Wenger would love him. And please, no more rubbish about Ligue 1 being weaker, we got embarrassed by Monaco...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia

If the oily lads at City or the Scousers want him for £30m, I would seriously consider it.
If the oily lads at City or the Scousers want him for £30m, I would seriously consider it.

We won't pay that for him.

Original post by Numan786

Original post by Arkasia

Theo's at his ceiling but like Numan said so is Giroud. Giroud only has 1 good season left in him too considering his age where as Walcott has another 3 or 4 before he starts to slow down. Having said that, selling Theo now would be disasterous. He's such a powerful impact sub for us or even as a choice to start on the wings. We had Podolski last season for a direct finisher but we don't have him anymore so Theo is the only player in our squad who offers that directness really.

I would sell him if it meant we got Lacazette however.
Original post by Mackay
We won't pay that for him.

Considering Lallana was valued around that price I'd say that'd be more than fair for Theo...
Original post by AR_95
Considering Lallana was valued around that price I'd say that'd be more than fair for Theo...

Walcott showed up top he can score 20+ goals, and he's a miles better option up top for Liverpool than when they use Sterling there, so yeah £30m is fair I would say.
Original post by AR_95

Not saying it wouldn't be fair. Saying we wouldn't pay it.

We have Markovic, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Ibe who can all play in advanced roles.

Latest