The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The only reason Sterling is hyped so much is because he stands out amongst what is often a very average looking bunch at Liverpool. They are in good form at the moment but it is not indicative of top class players, more so top class management. Brenda is a good manager and the whole team was catered to him (Sterling) pulling them through at points. Whereas, Man Utd have top class players through the majority of their team, but piss poor management. He would just be another player at Arsenal and United, their nearest competitors.

I don't buy the idea that Liverpool are a very good team. Coincidentally, I think Man City would be exactly the type of team to buy big and go for Sterling to replace their deadwood.
(edited 9 years ago)
If Sterling goes to Bayern or RM, he'd disappear. He isnt ready for a move to an elite club or a club whose challenging for trophies on a consistent basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tom_Ford
The only reason Sterling is hyped so much is because he stands out amongst what is often a very average looking bunch at Liverpool.

No, the reasons Raheem is so hyped are the following;

-Nobody his age in Europe has more assists
-Only one player his age in Europe has more goals
-Over the last two seasons, he is TOE-TO-TOE with Eden Hazard, for non-penalty goals and assists, over 90 minutes. And Hazard is four years older, this season's PFA Player of the Year shoe-in, and of course has Costa and the like
-Only Hazard has created more open play chances in the league this year
-He's put in MOTM performances at fullback, wingback, winger/wide forward, number 10, and striker
-He was named, by an independent organisation, the 7th most valuable player in the world, at over £60m

His skillset is unrivalled in a player his age. He's officially been named the best player in the world for his age, putting him in the company of Aguero, Messi, Fabregas, Gotze, Pogba et al. There's literally no limit and the only person who's ever posted comparable numbers in this league at his age, is Cristiano Ronaldo.
Lol at liverpool fans
Original post by All Day
No, the reasons Raheem is so hyped are the following;

-Nobody his age in Europe has more assists
-Only one player his age in Europe has more goals
-Over the last two seasons, he is TOE-TO-TOE with Eden Hazard, for non-penalty goals and assists, over 90 minutes. And Hazard is four years older, this season's PFA Player of the Year shoe-in, and of course has Costa and the like
-Only Hazard has created more open play chances in the league this year
-He's put in MOTM performances at fullback, wingback, winger/wide forward, number 10, and striker
-He was named, by an independent organisation, the 7th most valuable player in the world, at over £60m

His skillset is unrivalled in a player his age. He's officially been named the best player in the world for his age, putting him in the company of Aguero, Messi, Fabregas, Gotze, Pogba et al. There's literally no limit and the only person who's ever posted comparable numbers in this league at his age, is Cristiano Ronaldo.

I honestly think he has just peaked early and looking at him, he is not remarkable. I don't buy the idea that just because a player is good when he is young he is going to turn out great. As I say though, the team is geared for Sterling and I am not surprised at the stats, you depend on him because the rest of your team is not great.
(edited 9 years ago)
I honestly think he has just peaked early and looking at him, he is not remarkable. I don't buy the idea that just because a player is good when he is young he is going to turn out great.

You don't know much about football then, and you haven't seen enough of him.

There's no guarantees in football but given Raheem's proven ability to thrive in multiple positions, he's about as sure a bet to make it at the top level as they come. Given that he's already 'made a splash', then dipped, and then recovered to lead a title challenge last season, he's got the mental strength too.

And look at him lol, it's not as if he's an Ibe or Rooney type man-child. He's only going to get better physically. Like I said, only Cristiano matches his numbers.
Liverpool fans :lol:

Forever delusional. He's gonna be the next Cristiano guys! :lol:
Some footballers play so well that it only takes a big money move to end their career :colone:
Original post by al_94
You are sleeping on Kane no way Giroud is better even in the air I've seen him miss so many chances before his heading technique is not good he is just very tall. Kane is a big match winner 2 goals vs us and 2 vs Chelsea but when Giroud plays against top teams he can't do anything most of the time. Giroud has become overrated by some fans but they were saying last year that we needed a striker just because Alexis Sanchez has had a great season which makes us less reliant on Giroud doesn't mean he is now a top striker.

He was absolutely outstanding v United yesterday. I see your points though and fair enough but I think we'll just agree to disagree on this occasion, let's see how Kane does next season and assess whether he's still at this standard everyone keeps banging on about. In terms of form this season, yeah sure Kane admittedly is better in some respects to Giroiud but I still wouldn't do a direct swap.
Ahh don't worry, no way am I saying Giroud is world class talent but he's done well, better than what most people give him credit for, in the summer I still say we go out and get a wc out and out forward. Just not Kane. :smile:
Reply 4489
Original post by shawn_o1
Some footballers play so well that it only takes a big money move to end their career :colone:

What was it, £14-15m? All it took to take one of our better playmakers and pretty much end his career.

Really loved that guy :frown:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
He was absolutely outstanding v United yesterday. I see your points though and fair enough but I think we'll just agree to disagree on this occasion, let's see how Kane does next season and assess whether he's still at this standard everyone keeps banging on about. In terms of form this season, yeah sure Kane admittedly is better in some respects to Giroiud but I still wouldn't do a direct swap.
Ahh don't worry, no way am I saying Giroud is world class talent but he's done well, better than what most people give him credit for, in the summer I still say we go out and get a wc out and out forward. Just not Kane. :smile:

LP he was okay against United, wouldnt say outstanding though love :ahee:. Smalling kept him in his backpocket the entire game, dont think he'd have done the same with Giroud with the form he is in. Giroud is the better player atm imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1

What was it, £14-15m? All it took to take one of our better playmakers and pretty much end his career.

Really loved that guy :frown:

Alex "SHOOT FFS!" Hleb :lol:
It's like when you're surrounded by ugly girls...the average looking one is going to seem a lot prettier isn't she? Solely because she's surrounded by girls who resemble pigeons. You could say the same with Kane, only looks good cos he's surrounded by sad mediocre excuses for men. With the exception of Erikson or however its spelt of course.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the European top dogs put in a £60m bid for him :rolleyes:

I'm not taking anything away from Kane, he's doing really well and I wish him every success etc etc just...chill.

Slowly becoming Mesut "SHOOT FFS!" Ozil :tongue:
Reply 4493

Remember getting hard at his assist to Cesc at Anfield in 2008 :rolleyes:. He was so good in our system.
Sterling is just an English Januzaj.

Original post by al_94
You are sleeping on Kane no way Giroud is better even in the air I've seen him miss so many chances before his heading technique is not good he is just very tall. Kane is a big match winner 2 goals vs us and 2 vs Chelsea but when Giroud plays against top teams he can't do anything most of the time. Giroud has become overrated by some fans but they were saying last year that we needed a striker just because Alexis Sanchez has had a great season which makes us less reliant on Giroud doesn't mean he is now a top striker.

Giroud is far better in the air, he is arguably one of the best in the league. Also, Giroud has scored against Man City (twice), Man Utd and Liverpool so far this season, so don't give me that nonsense. It's funny how you are claiming Giroud has become over-rated by some, considering his scoring stats are far higher than he is given credit for, and considering you are defending Kane, who will probably end up as the next Andy Carroll.
Reply 4495
It's like when you're surrounded by ugly girls...the average looking one is going to seem a lot prettier isn't she? Solely because she's surrounded by girls who resemble pigeons. You could say the same with Kane, only looks good cos he's surrounded by sad mediocre excuses for men. With the exception of Erikson or however its spelt of course.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the European top dogs put in a £60m bid for him :rolleyes:

I'm not taking anything away from Kane, he's doing really well and I wish him every success etc etc just...chill.

Hahahaha, tell um how it is girl :cool:

Giroud > Kane

You know, I was watching videos of Hleb and the similarity in how they both play for Arsenal is really striking. It is like Ozil is Hleb reincarnated at times.
Reply 4497

Kane wouldn't be able to replace Giroud in your system, no way! Would be a nice addition though. He does need 1 more season at spurs, then chairman mao can extract an exorbitant fee from him like he did with bale.
Original post by SA-1
Remember getting hard at his assist to Cesc at Anfield in 2008 :rolleyes:. He was so good in our system.

Watch this, the similarities between him and Ozil in our current team are scary!

Original post by samba
Kane wouldn't be able to replace Giroud in your system, no way! Would be a nice addition though. He does need 1 more season at spurs, then chairman mao can extract an exorbitant fee from him like he did with bale.

Yeah, I'd take him as a back up or for rotation or alongside Giroud etc but not as a direct swap. No way amigos. Like someone said above, I feel like he's more for the name at the back of the shirt than for the team.

Original post by SA-1
Hahahaha, tell um how it is girl :cool:

Giroud > Kane

You know how it is boo boo :tongue:

Giroud> most prem strikers bar the obvious like Aguero, Rooney etc

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
LP he was okay against United, wouldnt say outstanding though love :ahee:. Smalling kept him in his backpocket the entire game, dont think he'd have done the same with Giroud with the form he is in. Giroud is the better player atm imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really, I hardly noticed him ngl. Yeah true true, I'm satisfied now because at least I know my post made some sense at least :awesome:

Latest