The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wenger trying to finish 4th again?
Original post by jam277.5
If only Chelsea could be as entertaining vs Swansea as the mighty Arsenal were today.

Chelsea beat them 5-0 earlier this season...

Oh sorry me. I mistakenly thought that Arsenal won the match, how silly of me. :colondollar:

At least we have me to tell me when I've gone wrong ain't it me?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9802
Theo when he came on went awol, and santi wasnt himself today,rozza needed to come on for him in the final 10-15.
Original post by jam277
Chelsea beat them 5-0 earlier this season...Oh sorry me. I mistakenly thought that Arsenal won the match, how silly of me. :colondollar:At least we have me to tell me when I've gone wrong ain't it me?
Sure. Admitting mistakes is key to improving
Original post by al_94
Why not just give Wojciech another chance? He served us well last season and I think he deserves another chance. I do think Asmir Begovic is a good keeper but I'm not sure if he's the answer.

Benteke is proven to score 15 - 20 goals a season. He's not a world class striker and I think if you're going to buy a striker you should go big. He is another big man up top I would rather a striker with more to his game who can switch it up from Giroud.

Again Szs had a decent defence in front to back him up and boost his stats, he's an excellent 2nd choice keeper, but just isn't there yet as a 1st choice imo.

Why would spending £30mil on an striker w/out pl experience be a good thing? You either kill it like Costa and Aguero or you have the fans turn on you after 110 games (which is what WILL happen with Arsenal fans).

People on here shout Lew about, it's never going to happen so why bother saying it? Cavani looks unlikely and Lacazette has said he won't come/ isn't proven yet.

I'm being realistic. Lloris or Begovic, Sneiderlain or Kondogbia, Pedro and Benteke, and this squad goes from Cup team and solid CL qualifiers to title challengers. Unfortunately, we'll be lucky to get 2 of them (my betting is on Sneiderlain and Pedro with a couple of little transfers)
Wenger a veteran manager with nearly 20 years at Arsenal just got outfoxed twice in a season by a 36 year old amateur called Garry Monk. If that doesn't tell you this man is past it then I don't know what will.
I know, let's all do the blame Walcott game, and judge him off 20 minute performances after a year out injured with one of the worst possible injuries for a fast player to get...
Original post by jam277
Chelsea beat them 5-0 earlier this season...

Oh sorry me. I mistakenly thought that Arsenal won the match, how silly of me. :colondollar:

At least we have me to tell me when I've gone wrong ain't it me?

I agree. As Huxley said:

''Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.''

And improving leads to development
Original post by jam277.75
And improving leads to development

this is FK for sure
Original post by al_94
Wenger a veteran manager with nearly 20 years at Arsenal just got outfoxed twice in a season by a 36 year old amateur called Garry Monk. If that doesn't tell you this man is past it then I don't know what will.

Wenger has been past it for years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
Wenger trying to finish 4th again?

all about that extra few million from the CL playoff :tongue:
Original post by fallen_acorns
all about that extra few million from the CL playoff :tongue:

You get a lot more money from the allocation since 1st get 40%, then 30% then 20% and 4th get 10%..
Original post by sr90
Wenger has been past it for years.

I know that you are talking to the wrong person mate some people here still believe he is the right man.
Really looking forward to the United v Arsenal match now. Far more interesting than if you had beat them and it was just a half arsed kick about
Original post by leinad2012
Again Szs had a decent defence in front to back him up and boost his stats, he's an excellent 2nd choice keeper, but just isn't there yet as a 1st choice imo.

Why would spending £30mil on an striker w/out pl experience be a good thing? You either kill it like Costa and Aguero or you have the fans turn on you after 110 games (which is what WILL happen with Arsenal fans).

People on here shout Lew about, it's never going to happen so why bother saying it? Cavani looks unlikely and Lacazette has said he won't come/ isn't proven yet.

I'm being realistic. Lloris or Begovic, Sneiderlain or Kondogbia, Pedro and Benteke, and this squad goes from Cup team and solid CL qualifiers to title challengers. Unfortunately, we'll be lucky to get 2 of them (my betting is on Sneiderlain and Pedro with a couple of little transfers)

I don't believe in this PL experience myth. They've all excelled in the PL Aguero, Alexis , Costa, Hazard etc. If a player is good enough and he has the right manager and players around him he can be a success in the PL even if he has no PL experience.
You'll do anything to hang onto that fourth place trophy.

Fabianski was great tonight. Were you too hasty in letting him go? He's certainly better than Szczesny, and Swansea were really well organised and difficult to break down. Doubles over Arsenal and United for them this season. What an impressive job Monk is doing.

Sanchez was poor in possession tonight, and Ramsey and Ozil were both struggling with constantly being harassed and harried. In the confined spaces, they were struggling for purpose. Walcott was lost, too. Time up?

Unsure why Wenger removed Coquelin. If he wanted to bring on Wilshere, he should have subbed Cazorla, Ozil or Ramsey. You shouldn't weaken the team defensively when it was essential you shouldn't lose.
Original post by al_94
I don't believe in this PL experience myth. They've all excelled in the PL Aguero, Alexis , Costa, Hazard etc. If a player is good enough and he has the right manager and players around him he can be a success in the PL even if he has no PL experience.

But there are so many counterexamples.

Di Maria, Falcao, Jo, Shevchenko, Verone, even Robihno. These players are all forgotten about
Surely you're not going to finish fourth again?
Original post by leinad2012
But there are so many counterexamples.

Di Maria, Falcao, Jo, Shevchenko, Verone, even Robihno. These players are all forgotten about

And yet there's 100s of players from the PL who move to bigger clubs and flop.

The whole 'no PL experience' is exactly that; a giant ****ing myth.

Latest