Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I hope this is in the right forum area, I think it is!

Anyway I have a interview coming up in March for Popular Music Performance at Falmouth Uni, and I was just wondering about the interview itself. What exactly is it like? I think I just want some information from someone who's done one to settle my mind a little. I know the whole thing last for like 6 hours because you get shown around and everything.

Any help would be great. Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    I went for an interview last week, it was fantastic and educational and I've also got a conditional for CMT off the back of it. The interview is 6 hours and everyone is allocated a time throughout the day to have a 30 minute interview, so make sure you keep track of time to attend your interview. Know the course you're taking, all three music courses combine during the modular stages. Know why you want to go to the South West-I got this question and I'm from birmingham (guessing you are with a name like that) so expect that (note that falmouth is entirely a creative university that offers bespoke courses, they want to create music that is new and unique and not looking to emulate others). Make sure you know what you will do when you finish the course you are looking to take, don't just say one jobs role (thats what I did) say many. Finally get some questions prepared about the course and Falmouth as a whole, I did this and it makes you look like you are more interested in taking the course.
    Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARC110497)
    I went for an interview last week, it was fantastic and educational and I've also got a conditional for CMT off the back of it. The interview is 6 hours and everyone is allocated a time throughout the day to have a 30 minute interview, so make sure you keep track of time to attend your interview. Know the course you're taking, all three music courses combine during the modular stages. Know why you want to go to the South West-I got this question and I'm from birmingham (guessing you are with a name like that) so expect that (note that falmouth is entirely a creative university that offers bespoke courses, they want to create music that is new and unique and not looking to emulate others). Make sure you know what you will do when you finish the course you are looking to take, don't just say one jobs role (thats what I did) say many. Finally get some questions prepared about the course and Falmouth as a whole, I did this and it makes you look like you are more interested in taking the course.
    Good Luck.
    Hey Man! Cheers for responding to my thread!
    Yeah I am a brummie, it's pretty cool to see I'm not the only one around here thinking of heading south west!
    Thank you so much for all the information! I'm really nervous about the interview, but I'm nervous for all interviews, I always draw a blank and forget everything I wanted to say before I go in. But I'll take note of all the things you've said here and try to prepare as much as I can.

By the way did you apply for music performance? If you did I'm guessing you had to do the two-three minute audition? If so, were there facilities to use a backing track? Because I'm a lead guitarist, not a singer/guitarist so I will probably need something to bulk out my performance.

Me and my friend have the same time on the same date for our interviews, so at least I won't be going through it completely alone haha!

I hope you do well with your choices though man!

Cheers for the feedback!

ReputationRep:
    I was being interviewed for creative music technology and didn't have to do an instrumental audition. They most likely have the facilities to play a backing track though. Your interviews also might be listed at the same time but your auditions won't be. I just accepted my conditional offer from Falmouth and it's my primary choice now on UCAS, so good luck I really enjoyed my time down there getting a feel for the university vibe.

P.s one of the things I'd like to do at uni is make a band and I'm a drummer so if your are heading to Falmouth get in touch!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got their offers yet? I applied to the music course and got the conditions of AAB.. Is that unusually high for Falmouth? I was talking to some students there and they were saying they were accepted onto the course with Cs and Ds... I am predicted ABB this year, but if I end up coming out with ABC will they still let me in?

ReputationRep:
    I received on offer for my interview last month for Creative Music Technology and just got a UCAS tariff of 260 points, no grades. Might be different for music. I had to give them a portfolio as well which they liked so that might also be a factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.