Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've applied to the college for HNC Business Starting in August.
    My interview is on the 2nd Of February. I plan to do this course and then go to Glasgow Uni next year to study further.

Just wanted to see if there's anyone else out there is in the same position and/or has any idea what to expect from the interview.

Let me know even if you're not going to study Business! Need some friends. (without sounding desperate)

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sfzgjs)
    My interview is on the 2nd Of February. I plan to do this course and then go to Glasgow Uni next year to study further.

Just wanted to see if there's anyone else out there is in the same position and/or has any idea what to expect from the interview.

Let me know even if you're not going to study Business! Need some friends. (without sounding desperate)

Thank you!
    I'll put this in the business section for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I'll put this in the business section for you
    Thank you! I couldn't find it when submitting through the app.

ReputationRep:

Thank you!
    I won't be studying business but I'm a former student this year who has a conditional offer for HNC Care & Administrative Practice x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rollo7)
    I won't be studying business but I'm a former student this year who has a conditional offer for HNC Care & Administrative Practice x
    Nice one! I was at my interview yesterday and they gave me an unconditional

I'm Gary btw.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! I was at my interview yesterday and they gave me an unconditional

I'm Gary btw.
    Aww nice, was it a group interview you did or what? My names Dianne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rollo7)
    Aww nice, was it a group interview you did or what? My names Dianne.
    It was myself and 7 others in a room with the head of the department and she basically just gave us an outline of the course and what was expected of us. Then we all went down and sat in the canteen and talked to each other a bit whilst she called us up one by one for five minutes each, she basically just asked me why I wanted to go to college and that was it, she gave me an unconditional

Do you have to go for an interview?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for NC health and social care level 6. My interview is on the 22nd of april, im so nervous! how long did it take for the college to get back to you? and what questions did they ask you other than why you wanted to go to college?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I never seen this! I applied on the day the applications opened, and they got back to me within two weeks. My group was the first interview! The group "interview" was just a short speech from the head of department about the course. In my interview, I was also asked what I could bring to the college, and what I wanted to do with the qualification. After I answered, having already met the requirements, she gave me an unconditional there and then.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the HNC in business this year at Glasgow City College

ReputationRep:
    Hey Rachel!

Guess I'll be seeing you at the induction on Thursday then!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Looking forward to it Quite nervous though as I don't know anyone at the college but I suppose everyone will be in the same situation

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I didn't come across you at the induction! Which class were you in?

ReputationRep:
    My induction was actually on Wednesday, I was in the B class of the Hnc

ReputationRep:
    What college does you do your HNC Care and Administrative Practice and was It just interview question or including test to do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.