Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I wrong to be annoyed at her watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was ment to be going out with a friend tonight, I'd booked a table for dinner and got vouchery things for a club. Checked beforehand she was still OK to go ect. Then literally like an hr ago she was like 'oh I don't want to go now as I'm seeing my boyfriend'. Am I wrong to be a bit pissed off. I wouldn't normally care but I think its kinda rude as I'd already spent money ect. Am I unreasonable to be annoyed?

ReputationRep:
    you are in the right, it was rude of her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    you are in the right, it was rude of her
    Yeah kinda thought it was rude. I know he's her bf and I'm just a friend but we made actual solid plans. Oh well treating mum to dinner to not waste the table

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna1437)
    Yeah kinda thought it was rude. I know he's her bf and I'm just a friend but we made actual solid plans. Oh well treating mum to dinner to not waste the table
    That's still no excuse to be honest, it was flat out rude. If it was me I would understand if it was something important like her boyfriend is in hospital or there was an emergency or she was ill. But to just cancel plans on you last minute with no excuse other than she is selfish and would rather see her boyfriend as well as the fact you had paid money already is to me completely unacceptable and I personally would explain it to her and expect a sincere apology.

ReputationRep:
    That's still no excuse to be honest, it was flat out rude. If it was me I would understand if it was something important like her boyfriend is in hospital or there was an emergency or she was ill. But to just cancel plans on you last minute with no excuse other than she is selfish and would rather see her boyfriend as well as the fact you had paid money already is to me completely unacceptable and I personally would explain it to her and expect a sincere apology.
    She would probably just think I was oversensitive and she v much believes relationships come before anything else. Think I'll just have nothing more to do with her as its not the first time she's pissed me off.

ReputationRep:
    She would probably just think I was oversensitive and she v much believes relationships come before anything else. Think I'll just have nothing more to do with her as its not the first time she's pissed me off.

Well it's her choice of course to put relationships first, just as it's your choice to decide to cut her off. If this were a constant occurrence and not a one off I'd cut her off as well.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I wouldn't be happy either. Like Sophie said, if it was an emergency or she was ill, then yeah, you have no right to be annoyed. But seeing her boyfriend? I wouldn't be too happy either. To me, it's not so much whose more important. It's more, you made plans which cost you money.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's her choice of course to put relationships first, just as it's your choice to decide to cut her off. If this were a constant occurrence and not a one off I'd cut her off as well.
    Yeah I know she's totally allowed to make that choice ect, I just think its a kinda rude choice. And its not constant but its not a one off either

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know she's totally allowed to make that choice ect, I just think its a kinda rude choice. And its not constant but its not a one off either
    Well good luck with whatever you decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I wouldn't be happy either. Like Sophie said, if it was an emergency or she was ill, then yeah, you have no right to be annoyed. But seeing her boyfriend? I wouldn't be too happy either. To me, it's not so much whose more important. It's more, you made plans which cost you money.
    Yeah I basically wasted 20 quid and its not like I can even ask her to give me the money

ReputationRep:
    I would write her name on my DeathNote

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R Dragon)
    I would write her name on my DeathNote

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have a death note?!

ReputationRep:
    You have a death note?!
    I also have the shinigami eyes

ReputationRep:
    I was ment to be going out with a friend tonight, I'd booked a table for dinner and got vouchery things for a club. Checked beforehand she was still OK to go ect. Then literally like an hr ago she was like 'oh I don't want to go now as I'm seeing my boyfriend'. Am I wrong to be a bit pissed off. I wouldn't normally care but I think its kinda rude as I'd already spent money ect. Am I unreasonable to be annoyed?
    It's just that she cares more about her bf than you. And your plans. And your money. And your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernana)
    It's just that she cares more about her bf than you. And your plans. And your money. And your feelings.
    Guess I just don't buy into this whole drop everything whenever a guy clicks his fingers type thing. I dunno maybe I'm weird and everyone else does.

ReputationRep:
    I think annoyed would be an understatement to be honest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.