Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm in Year 11 doing AQA History and I'm having a lot of trouble learning the information. Does anyone have any help how I can revise effectively? All helps appreciated!
    Zac
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by zweeden99)
    Hi,
    I'm in Year 11 doing AQA History and I'm having a lot of trouble learning the information. Does anyone have any help how I can revise effectively? All helps appreciated!
    Zac
    Spider diagrams. Then timed past papers. Boom.

Write out really rough notes for each bit of the topic. Then do a spider diagram. Then condense this into one big spider diagram. It worked for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Spider diagrams. Then timed past papers. Boom.

Write out really rough notes for each bit of the topic. Then do a spider diagram. Then condense this into one big spider diagram. It worked for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your reply! This sounds like a really good method! Can i ask what you got in the end?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks for your reply! This sounds like a really good method! Can i ask what you got in the end?
    An A* (224/240), even though I misread a question and did completely the wrong thing on one paper. I think I dropped about 8 marks for that . . . What are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    An A* (224/240), even though I misread a question and did completely the wrong thing on one paper. I think I dropped about 8 marks for that . . . What are you aiming for?
    Tbh at least a B. I dont remember anything i done in yr 10 as my teacher was so boring! So im a having a lot of dificulty now! I would love an A though!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Tbh at least a B. I dont remember anything i done in yr 10 as my teacher was so boring! So im a having a lot of dificulty now! I would love an A though!
    What topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The origins of ww1, Peacemaking 1918-19 and the League of nations, Hitlers Foreign policies and the origins of ww2, the origins of the cold war 1945-55, Tsardom to communism russia 1914-24, stalins dictatorship USSR 1924-41 and the USA and vietnam failure abroad and at home 1964-75.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    The origins of ww1, Peacemaking 1918-19 and the League of nations, Hitlers Foreign policies and the origins of ww2, the origins of the cold war 1945-55, Tsardom to communism russia 1914-24, stalins dictatorship USSR 1924-41 and the USA and vietnam failure abroad and at home 1964-75.
    Why are you doing so many?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are you doing so many?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ikr its ridiculous! Now you see why im having so much trouble! The exam board added more topics because thr exam was apparently 'too predictable!!'

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.