Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to do? I don't know what to do let alone write 2000 words on it. I'm interested in doing can woolly mammoths be brought back? but I don't think there's enough to write about.
    Can someone give me ideas please? I'm really struggling and want an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11guy)
    I have no idea what to do? I don't know what to do let alone write 2000 words on it. I'm interested in doing can woolly mammoths be brought back? but I don't think there's enough to write about.
    Unfortunately, you haven't provided the TSR community with a great deal of information to work with. You mention the use of Edexcel and so I assume you're coursework requires some form of statistical analysis? Provided that assumption is true, I would suggest avoiding your title in mind, 'Can Woolly Mammoths Be Brought Back?' would be quite difficult, at AS level, to factor in statistically.

Personally, I would probably choose something like 'The prevalence of Flu in winter months in a cohort of Caucasian males and females since 2000 - the effects of viral mutation?' Statistical information on a topic like this is easily obtained on the internet and a subsequent discussion could easily be written attributing the increasing Flu prevalence to viral mutations (I think there was something like a 3x higher rate of Flu this year in the UK).

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loukas2993)
    Unfortunately, you haven't provided the TSR community with a great deal of information to work with. You mention the use of Edexcel and so I assume you're coursework requires some form of statistical analysis? Provided that assumption is true, I would suggest avoiding your title in mind, 'Can Woolly Mammoths Be Brought Back?' would be quite difficult, at AS level, to factor in statistically.

Personally, I would probably choose something like 'The prevalence of Flu in winter months in a cohort of Caucasian males and females since 2000 - the effects of viral mutation?' Statistical information on a topic like this is easily obtained on the internet and a subsequent discussion could easily be written attributing the increasing Flu prevalence to viral mutations (I think there was something like a 3x higher rate of Flu this year in the UK).

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. Could I use this? It seems like there's a lot of information available on this. If not, I have another possible idea. Conservation of the bengal tiger or south asian tiger? Graphs of their decline can be included too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. Could I use this? It seems like there's a lot of information available on this. If not, I have another possible idea. Conservation of the bengal tiger or south asian tiger? Graphs of their decline can be included too.
    You may use my suggestion if you wish! Glad it has helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loukas2993)
    You may use my suggestion if you wish! Glad it has helped!
    Here's one another member did, so you can understand more what I mean

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2584608

ReputationRep:
    It needs to be a biological issue with an actual solution. I did mine on CVD and the solution was statin drugs. As long as you can find lots of data to suggest that your solution is both effective and better than the alternatives you should be fine. Bare in mind also that you will need to talk about implications of the solution along with how it actually works, in biological terms. Mine was around 7500 words, not sure how you can gain all the marks in just 2000 words to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    It needs to be a biological issue with an actual solution. I did mine on CVD and the solution was statin drugs. As long as you can find lots of data to suggest that your solution is both effective and better than the alternatives you should be fine. Bare in mind also that you will need to talk about implications of the solution along with how it actually works, in biological terms. Mine was around 7500 words, not sure how you can gain all the marks in just 2000 words to be honest!
    What grade did you get in the end? How do I know what to include? Is there a mark scheme? Also, is conservation of tigers a good topic?

ReputationRep:
    What grade did you get in the end? How do I know what to include? Is there a mark scheme? Also, is conservation of tigers a good topic?
    I got 39/40 marks, so an A. Have a look at page 80 of this https://www.edexcel.com/migrationdoc...gy_Issue_6.pdf.

As for conservation, I'm not entirely sure as my whole class did it on disease/drugs.

Try looking up the exemplars, https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...vsFo2ZqfPRJ2Gg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.