Turn on thread page Beta

HELLPPPPP!!!!! - I really like this girl but don't know what to do watch

Announcements

Hi. There has been this girl that I've really been interested in for a while (only seen her a few times when going out). She's best friends with one of my friends but is really really shy - I don't really know her that well because of how shy she was and she never maintains eye contact with me or anyone. I've not been able to talk much to her. On Thursday night we went clubbing and she came out with us and I got her to dance with me. It eventually ended with me getting very close to her - at first I could tell she was uncomfortable so I kept pulling back and then getting really close until she eventually she seemed comfortable and she started to do the same, when I thought the moment was right - I went in for a kiss. It was the first time I've ever kissed a girl (quite bad as I'm nearly 19) but it was really good but didn't last very long. She then said she needs to go home (she always leaves clubs and night outs early though) and I hugged her and she left. Foolishly I forgot to get her her number. I managed to find her this morning on FB (through mutual friends) and I sent her a friends request. She just accepted it just now but I don't know where to go from there. I'm awful when it comes to girls and I really like her but I'm really hesitant of doing anything stupidly, going too fast with her or play it safe and seem boring.

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing to say. I'll go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi. There has been this girl that I've really been interested in for a while (only seen her a few times when going out). She's best friends with one of my friends but is really really shy - I don't really know her that well because of how shy she was and she never maintains eye contact with me or anyone. I've not been able to talk much to her. On Thursday night we went clubbing and she came out with us and I got her to dance with me. It eventually ended with me getting very close to her - at first I could tell she was uncomfortable so I kept pulling back and then getting really close until she eventually she seemed comfortable and she started to do the same, when I thought the moment was right - I went in for a kiss. It was the first time I've ever kissed a girl (quite bad as I'm nearly 19) but it was really good but didn't last very long. She then said she needs to go home (she always leaves clubs and night outs early though) and I hugged her and she left. Foolishly I forgot to get her her number. I managed to find her this morning on FB (through mutual friends) and I sent her a friends request. She just accepted it just now but I don't know where to go from there. I'm awful when it comes to girls and I really like her but I'm really hesitant of doing anything stupidly, going too fast with her or play it safe and seem boring.
    I personally think the best way to go about this is to be up front as soon as possible while you're still fresh in her mind from the kiss between you two.

I'd send her a message on facebook a long the lines of "Hey, I had a great time the other night and was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner or something like that some time?"

It saves trying to send hints and signals and her possibly being confused by your intentions. It's also saved you wondering if she likes you back for aaaaages until you either cave and ask her out or give up (which a surprisingly large amount of people do.)

Good luck with it, oh and if she says no don't be too disheartened there are plenty of women out there who will say yes.

ReputationRep:
    Just casually offer to go for coffee or something light like that. Don't draw out the conversation online.

ReputationRep:
    Choose coffee instead of dinner! Comes on as less serious but still lets her know you're interested

ReputationRep:
    snapchat her a naked pic

you'll be in there m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3309will)
    snapchat her a naked pic

you'll be in there m8

Slow down Franco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plurkie)
    Choose coffee instead of dinner! Comes on as less serious but still lets her know you're interested
    Good shout.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, I'd suggest sending her a message asking how she is, while you are still fresh in her mind from the other night. I'm sure she won't mind, and if it seems like you're coming on too strong then just tone it down a little or give her some space for a bit. There's no harm in saying hello and I guess you won't know anyway unless you try.

ReputationRep:
    defo ask her out for a coffee.go from there ,if she is interested see if you can meet up on a regular basis.

Hey - thanks guys! I really appreciate your help. I'll ask her out for coffee then.
    I'm really grateful of your lovely responses

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.