Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    we were sooo close from year 8- october november time of year 11 now shes cliser to this other girl group i feel especially my ex best friend from primary school (who left in year 4) but i dont envy or hate her because of that but i always see my friend more happy and laughing with her than me which makes me upset
    help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    we were sooo close from year 8- october november time of year 11 now shes cliser to this other girl group i feel especially my ex best friend from primary school (who left in year 4) but i dont envy or hate her because of that but i always see my friend more happy and laughing with her than me which makes me upset
    help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am sorry but these things happen. you will find another friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    I am sorry but these things happen. you will find another friend
    she is still my best friend we hang out for lunch meet up still the same etc but im at the same level as the other one even though they dont spend time together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    she is still my best friend we hang out for lunch meet up still the same etc but im at the same level as the other one even though they dont spend time together

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well ****. But are you sure you are drifting or she just likes spending time with the other one as much as she likes to spend time with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry to hear thats an awful situation but I think you just need to give her some time and make a few new friends yourself, being not so close for a while will make her miss you and she'll realise how much she appreciated having you as a close friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That exact thing happened to me but different people the best friend was going to. I eventually just gave up and she decided to go to the new group. It's upsetting but you get over it.
    Talk to her about how you feel and see what she is. If she isn't really bothered/concerned then she isn't worth your time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Well ****. But are you sure you are drifting or she just likes spending time with the other one as much as she likes to spend time with you
    she does like spending time with me i am sure otherwise she would have left bt it upsets me because most of thr time we are always serious but with her shes always smiling and laughing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKate)
    sorry to hear thats an awful situation but I think you just need to give her some time and make a few new friends yourself, being not so close for a while will make her miss you and she'll realise how much she appreciated having you as a close friend
    thanks i have another friend (b) too we are all a trio but its more us best friends but we still have lunch with b anf include her
    i will try be closer to b when my best friend is with others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    That exact thing happened to me but different people the best friend was going to. I eventually just gave up and she decided to go to the new group. It's upsetting but you get over it.
    Talk to her about how you feel and see what she is. If she isn't really bothered/concerned then she isn't worth your time
    i was contemplating it a week ago i told her we never walk home together its never us too and she really agreed u dont want to lose her we want to stay best friends after high school but there are so many obstacles:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    i was contemplating it a week ago i told her we never walk home together its never us too and she really agreed u dont want to lose her we want to stay best friends after high school but there are so many obstacles:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try to work it out with her, but sometimes friendships just sort of fizzle out even if you don't want/aren't ready for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    thanks i have another friend (b) too we are all a trio but its more us best friends but we still have lunch with b anf include her
    i will try be closer to b when my best friend is with others

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully after a while she will come back when she realises she misses you hope everything turns out okay for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKate)
    Hopefully after a while she will come back when she realises she misses you hope everything turns out okay for you
    thank youu i hope so too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You may be overthinking it a bit. People change, just don't dwell on whos your 'best' friend but who enjoys your company. Who you like spending time with. Or maybe just make more effort to invite her to stuff? Do something she likes doing.

ReputationRep:
    I had this a lot, best thing to do is try asking her to do stuff together just you guys that you liked doing in the past eg going to the cinema or shopping. When I moved to uni me and my best mate drifted apart but doing stuff together and skyping makes us feel just as close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emski)
    I had this a lot, best thing to do is try asking her to do stuff together just you guys that you liked doing in the past eg going to the cinema or shopping. When I moved to uni me and my best mate drifted apart but doing stuff together and skyping makes us feel just as close
    thankss in the hols i will invite her to do things

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.