Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm retaking gcse maths to get a B for my firm which asks for that and AAB at A level.

My insurance doesn't ask for a gcse requirement and wants ABB a A level.

So on A level results day, my insurance can't just confirm my place because they don't know what my firm has said since I have to wait for my firm to reply on gcse results day right?

So what happens? Do they both reply on gcse results day or?

Edit: I've found out that I need to pass my gcse result onto my firm. Does this mean my insurance will wait until then too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Basically I'm retaking gcse maths to get a B for my firm which asks for that and AAB at A level.

So on A level results day, my insurance can't just confirm my place because they don't know what my firm has said since I have to wait for my firm to reply on gcse results day right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have to wait until the following week for the GCSE results to come out and then (and this is really important) it is up to you to inform the university of your GCSE result yourself. They do NOT get GCSE results sent to them automatically. It's your responsibility to do this. This does put you at some disadvantage as you would be entering clearing a good deal later than others if you didn't get the results for either your firm or your insurance, but if you did get the results for your insurance, it will still be there for you after GCSE results day.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Captivated)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Universities all get a level results through the weekend before applicants do.

Both firm and insurance unis go through their applicants determining if they have met offers and if not whether they'll accept with lower or reject.

If your insurance would like to take you on results then your track will update your offer to unconditional.

If your firm wants to wait until the gcses then your firm will stay as CF until that point. NOTE gcse results don't get sent to unis - you have to notify them of your results yourself. Then if your firm takes you then your CF will change to UF (and your UI will still show on track but will no longer count). If your firm rejects you then it will change to unsuccessful and your UI will change to be UF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Looks like we're both on duty this weekend, eh?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.