Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so im going on holiday to Zante for the first time abroad alone from the 6th july to the 20th, there's just me about one of my other friends going
    -Is anyone else going around this time?
    -How much money will i need for the two weeks baring in mind its self cater?
    -and has anyone previously stayed in the 'Ikaros hotel' Lagana's?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm going away with my two best mates to Zante in June, we're planning on taking about £200-£300 each, but we are going all inclusive. As for how much you should take it all depends on what you plan to do whilst out there, boat tours? Day trips? Drinking every night? Or simply just staying in the hotel or beach sunbathing? Also do you plan on eating out for the whole fortnight or are you going to buy food to cook yourselves? The more you plan to do the more money I'd take. Best to come home with money rather than wishing you'd taken more, but on rough estimate I'd probably say £500 or so.
    As for the hotel I have no idea but Laganas as a whole is amazing, that's where we going too.x

ReputationRep:
    thank you that really helps! we was definitely thinking of spending most of the time out of the hotel whether its a booze cruise or just sunbathing on the beach and doing water sports, so i reckon that's going to result in it costing more! We were planning on buying food in and just eating out occasionally but as our hotel room as limited facilities this may be difficult
    Thank you for your help though, hope you have an amazing time!! xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on the 6th of July to the 20th too! With just me and one of my friends! See you over there!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Firstly, you're going to have an amazing time. I will be going again this year (third time) and my first time I ended up staying for three months.
    I manage to spend around 500-600 Euros in a week, but I'm verryyy sloppy with money. It all depends on how well you can budget. I would say, as you are self-catering, do not buy food for your room, but stock up on water because you end up eating out a lot, or just not eating and snacking whilst you are out.
    Plus, hotels tend to serve food allll the time!
    Ikaros has a good reputation also.

I hope this helps! Have an amazing time!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Zante is so much fun! We went last year and it was good fun. The ikaros hotel is in a really good location we stayed near there. not far from the beach and the main strip. there are little supermarkets everywhere to buy food etc and some of the restaurants do good deals on food. theres lots of drinks offers in the bars etc. we would recommend Fishbowl bar, Rescue club, Waikiki and Zeros. All the bar staff are really nice. we want to go again this summer as we saw theres a new party called X-isle Party thats on a private island it looks awesome! Have a good time maybe see you there if we have enough money to book again!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.