Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this front cover look good? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm making a front cover for my project on Hadrian's Wall. It's supposed to be creative. My first impressions is that the font doesn't quite match the style. Also, are the model roman buildings mounted on the map out of perspective? If I had photoshop I could rotate them, but I'm using only publisher. The gold shield is actually a gold coin with Hadrian on. I put a laurel wreath around his head, an SPQR banner, and put some ivy hanging out the bottom to match the green ivy in the writing.

What do you think? How can I improve it? It is A3 size btw. The top is not clipped. That's just how it is.

ReputationRep:
    I like it but the change the colour of the background. I don't think white goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    I like it but the change the colour of the background. I don't think white goes well
    But it's mounted on an ordinance survey map. I'm thinking about maybe changing the map to an older one...

ReputationRep:
    Does this look better? I think I'm slowly getting there... Still have issue with building perspective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plastic Face)
    Does this look better? I think I'm slowly getting there... Still have issue with building perspective

Much better

ReputationRep:
    Much better
    Is this even better? I've included the Pediment at the top with the figures on. Also managed to fix the building perspective (I think). Do the buildings look like they sit on the map at the right angle now?

Think it might be a bit much now...

ReputationRep:
    Is this even better? I've included the Pediment at the top with the figures on. Also managed to fix the building perspective (I think). Do the buildings look like they sit on the map at the right angle now?

Think it might be a bit much now...

Yep it's getting better every time imo nice one

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's getting better every time imo nice one
    I decided to remove the 3D models and instead just use the map as a normal background.

Does this look neater and better? Or do you think the rotated map with the models looks better?

ReputationRep:
    I decided to remove the 3D models and instead just use the map as a normal background.

Does this look neater and better? Or do you think the rotated map with the models looks better?

Yeah this is better imo

You're doing a good job

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is better imo

You're doing a good job
    I hope so lol

This is the layout of the contents page (and possibly subsequent pages too) Thought I'd keep it simple and artistic. I'm gonna put the wall in the middle.

But do you think it'd look better with a roman mosaic border (especially the front page)?

ReputationRep:
    I've updated the front cover. Moved the scroll from the contents to the front cover.

ReputationRep:
    Or there is this version of the front cover... I still don't like the font.. Please someone give me some advice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.