Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just wondering if anyone out there can give me a piece of advice in regards to my education.. I was studying accounting and finance and was on my second year but failed 2 of my core modules). I had a lot going on in my personal life that I just felt no energy at that time to try to sort it out. Since then I have been withdrawn from university but looking at it now I really would love to go back to uni and finish my degree. Any advice in regards to what the options might be for me and if I can still receive funding help from Student Finance England??? Any advice will be very appreciated. Thanks ☺️

ReputationRep:
    If you have done 2 years at a uni previously and want to start a new degree from scratch then you would have to fun the first year yourself with only a minimum maintenance loan for SF. If however you can provide evidence of compelling personal reasons and it's accepted you will get a year of funding back.

ReputationRep:
    @ KiwiMonkey96..
    Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. I have done 2 yrs and would like to carry on with the same course at a different university. The only worry I have is whether I would get funding from SF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NegotiablePast)
    @ KiwiMonkey96..
    Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. I have done 2 yrs and would like to carry on with the same course at a different university. The only worry I have is whether I would get funding from SF
    If you're carrying on where you left off, at the same level, you should be fine with SF, at least that's what I understand. I think you would have an issue if you started again from year 1,

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.