Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Although I don't really know how this works in terms of what I should be writing, I'm just going to give it a go.

I am aiming for 8 A*s in the following subjects
    Maths
    English Lang
    English Lit
    RE [this is pretty much guaranteed - but let's not get too cocky ;D]
    Core Science
    Additional Science
    ICT
    History

French - I used to hate it but my new teacher makes it fun and like-able
    I got an A* in my writing, a C in speaking so far [but that's what they get for only giving me two days to memorize it] Either way my aim is an A overall [that is if my listening doesn't let me down -_-]

Subject I've pretty much given up on
    Music -_- I just want a B

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your GCSE's! And savour every moment of them, because once you get to A levels, you'll wish you could go back! What do you want to do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownAnon)
    Good luck with your GCSE's! And savour every moment of them, because once you get to A levels, you'll wish you could go back! What do you want to do at uni?
    Thx and I know so. I can see my brother suffering -.- . At uni I want to study Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah so do I! Have you organised any work experience yet? If you want any tips for it, I'd be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Ah so do I! Have you organised any work experience yet? If you want any tips for it, I'd be happy to help
    Not yet as my GCSEs are close. I'm thinking of volunteering in a care home or something similar to a day care [not to patronise the adults there but it's the best way to explain it] Another is to work at a hospital using personal connections or the school. My biggest hurdle at the moment are my grades though. They're good but not enough and I really wanna get into Bham :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Many hospitals allow you to volunteer, that's what I did. The best time to do work experience would be the summer of year 12 (after you've done your AS), but remember to email doctors a few months before! I emailed around 20 doctors in April, and managed to get 3 hospital work experiences for the summer. Also, you can look into med-view (at Kings) and the UCL summer challenge, if you're in London! They look pretty good on your personal statement. But you're right, you should just focus on your grades now! Although don't worry too much, they'll probably turn out better than you expect.

ReputationRep:
    Many hospitals allow you to volunteer, that's what I did. The best time to do work experience would be the summer of year 12 (after you've done your AS), but remember to email doctors a few months before! I emailed around 20 doctors in April, and managed to get 3 hospital work experiences for the summer. Also, you can look into med-view (at Kings) and the UCL summer challenge, if you're in London! They look pretty good on your personal statement. But you're right, you should just focus on your grades now! Although don't worry too much, they'll probably turn out better than you expect.
    Thx and I really hope so. When did you start GCSE revision? What did you get in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Your blog is looking great, make sure you keep us all updated on how you're revising and what works and doesn't work for you :yep: Best of luck, let me know if you need any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeFreak101)
    Thx and I really hope so. When did you start GCSE revision? What did you get in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In year 10, I started in the April as I had a few of my exams in the summer of year 10, I did really well for that, and managed to get full marks on one of my biology exams (just revised for it for a week). However, I think I got tired of studying by year 11, so ended up doing next to no revision, and did all nighters, which wasn't the best idea ever. Ended up crashing in my maths exam

But I still managed to get 6A*, 5A's and 4B'S. With gcse's, I think learning and understanding the content is the most important. If you start now, and do a few hours a week for each subject you'll be okay, use the TSR revision planner to help you make a revision plan.

ReputationRep:
    In year 10, I started in the April as I had a few of my exams in the summer of year 10, I did really well for that, and managed to get full marks on one of my biology exams (just revised for it for a week). However, I think I got tired of studying by year 11, so ended up doing next to no revision, and did all nighters, which wasn't the best idea ever. Ended up crashing in my maths exam

But I still managed to get 6A*, 5A's and 4B'S. With gcse's, I think learning and understanding the content is the most important. If you start now, and do a few hours a week for each subject you'll be okay, use the TSR revision planner to help you make a revision plan.

Haha that's so something I did, the night before my maths mock I was up late however unlike you I wasn't revising. Either way the next day my eyes were blood shot and I fell asleep in the maths exam :'D still managed to make it through wiv a B though.

As for my revision progress, I started in the summer but it wasn't really serious and I only did Biology, I wasn't all that concerned since my friends had such a lax attiude about it all. At the moment I've read and highlighted most of my notes [ for science] I just need to write them down into the flashcard on my phone. I aim to finish the notes for all/most of my subjects by February and start constant revision and practice papers. I honestly just hope every thing goes ok. Luckily I've only got a few subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that AnimeFreak101's grades have been verified!
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeFreak101)
    Hi there! Although I don't really know how this works in terms of what I should be writing, I'm just going to give it a go.

I am aiming for 8 A*s in the following subjects
    Maths
    English Lang
    English Lit
    RE [this is pretty much guaranteed - but let's not get too cocky ;D]
    Core Science
    Additional Science
    ICT
    History

French - I used to hate it but my new teacher makes it fun and like-able
    I got an A* in my writing, a C in speaking so far [but that's what they get for only giving me two days to memorize it] Either way my aim is an A overall [that is if my listening doesn't let me down -_-]

Subject I've pretty much given up on
    Music -_- I just want a B
    How is it going? Have you finished all your CA's / Coursework's

And what books are you doing for English Lit? And which exam board are you on for ICT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    How is it going? Have you finished all your CA's / Coursework's

And what books are you doing for English Lit? And which exam board are you on for ICT?
    Not too bad actually. I've done some work I just need to make sure I finish my science notes, maths revision and so on. I am doing OMAM and AIC for english lit. I really love OMAm as I find it really easy to draw quotes from BUT AIC I'll have to admit is not my strongest point. Fortunately, I'm really good at english Lit and for ICT I'm doing Edexcel.

Regarding CA's I've finished:

English Lang: I finished think really recently and am hoping my A gets pushed to an A*
    English Lit: Got an A* in it
    Sciences: I think I got two A*'s [still need to confirm]
    History: Gonna push my A to A*
    French done both my writing got an A* in both but the recent one needs to be moderated

Yet to do/finish:
    Music - I need to decide which instrument, I'm gonna record with
    I also need to finish both of my composition -- Half way done with both

ICT-- Coming in over the holidays to do

From the looks of it I might fail ICT TT.TT

ReputationRep:
    After being inspired to actually work, I decided that I will track my progress so here goes
    For this half term, I made a booklet that will guide me in finishing the notes I need to so it'll just be mind maps and past paper and also physical flash cards [I say this because all my notes are on a digital onee]from when the school resumes till the actual exam.

Things I shall cover today:
    P1
    · Energy Transfer by heating
    · Specific heat capacity
    · Understanding energy
    · Useful energy and efficiency
    · Using and paying for electricity
    · Generating electricity
    · Fossil fuels and carbon capture
    · Nuclear power
    · Biomass and bio fuels
    · Solar and wind power
    · Energy from water
    · The National Grid

Maths
    - Pythagoras 3D
    - Trig 3D
    - parallel and p lines

Homework
    - Maths
    - History
    - Unseen poetry [use CGP guide]

Hopefully this will be achieved by today, as going to school during the half term [yes children, this does exist at GCSE level] has put me behind schedule which I can hopefully catch up with it today to ensure my day off on Sunday!!!

ReputationRep:
    Completed most or rather over half of the work I set out to do. After a rather devistating attempt at past papers. I decided to change my plans and summarise the notes I've made so far which shouldn't take long to do (Hopefully, well that is if coursework doesn't tie me down) bringing me right to the 2 month mark.

As for P2 & B2 that I have yet to fully learn, I shall continue with my notes as usual before turning them into summary posters

Below is picture of what I've done for the past 2 minutes

I want to finish by the end of today:

P1
    IR
    Solids,liquids,gases
    Conduction
    Convection
    Evaporation & Condensation

C1
    Ionic bonding
    Covalent bonding
    Limestone

B1
    Diet and exercise
    Antibiotics
    Immunity & immunisation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.