The Student Room Group

would you lose your virginity to a FWB?

I'm on a quest to get laid before I'm 17 in March :biggrin:

Would you lose your virginity to a friend if you had the chance or try a relationship first?
Reply 1
Nah, Id rather be in a relationship.

But why are you trying to lose your virginity before your 17th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why the hell is it so trendy to loose it? Why no1 wanna keep it for the One? Only dead fish swim with the flow.
Reply 3
I would rather be in a relationship. But it's up to you, your life and your choices, etc etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't and haven't :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on a quest to get laid before I'm 17 in March :biggrin:

Whoop-de-friggin-do I'm on a quest to get laid before I expire :mad:
I'm a 20yo female and I lost it when I was 18, shortly after graduating high school to a guy I'd crushed on all year, almost dated (it's complicated) but then eventually just asked him if he wanted to have a "fling". After it happened I was hoping we could stay friends but after several attempts to chat with him via text, and him making excuse after excuse I decided to forget about it. A couple months later I met my ex, etc etc...
Then last summer I was feeling a little starved for male attention (broke up with ex in May) and snapchatted the guy I lost my virginity to. We texted for hours late into the night 2 days in a row and I got excited thinking we had a connection and would be good friends (I had no romantic intention as he was in college in another state and my ex had been long distance). But when I told him I wasn't interested in doing anything physical, the next day when I asked him about hanging out he never responded, the end.
In hindsight, I wish it all never happened. Those guys in my past don't mean anything, and I know one day I'll meet someone great and then the past guys definitely won't matter. There's no shame in being a virgin and I wish I still was, tbh....
Not to mention, even though I'm not a virgin I don't feel sexually experienced and now I'll have to somehow explain to my next boyfriend how I've had sex yet don't feel ready to do it with him :ashamed2:
Why is there such an obsession with virginity? It really is unimportant (although not meaningless), it's not like you'll go your whole life without having sex. Everyone has the opportunity to experience sex at least once, and if you can't get it from a relationship there is the whole prostitution industry at your service. It doesn't matter when you have it, you're not gonna be a changed person because of it. What matters is that you end up in life with someone you dearly love.

Some people love more people than others, and loving relationships are, generally, more conducive to better sex, so they'll have a better first time. Some people on the other hand prefer no commitment, and prefer to have sex that way.

As long as what you're doing is consensual and honest, do what makes you happy; not society.
You are better off waiting till you are in a loving relationship.

Especially if you're a girl. First time ****ing hurts like crazy and a random guy may not listen to you and not be gentle. It's hard for a girl to enjoy it first time, doing it with the right person makes it more ok.

At what age the right relationship comes along doesn't matter.
16 always sounded young to me so I didn't want to do it until I was at least 17. Did it 2 weeks after my 18th :P
I would because im sexually attracted to the person and she probably is to me. It would be sober too so you could remember it and make it better.

Im going to uni in September as a virgin, and hope i dont get too worried about losing it, #1 is the same as all the rest
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 20yo female and I lost it when I was 18, shortly after graduating high school to a guy I'd crushed on all year, almost dated (it's complicated) but then eventually just asked him if he wanted to have a "fling". After it happened I was hoping we could stay friends but after several attempts to chat with him via text, and him making excuse after excuse I decided to forget about it. A couple months later I met my ex, etc etc...
Then last summer I was feeling a little starved for male attention (broke up with ex in May) and snapchatted the guy I lost my virginity to. We texted for hours late into the night 2 days in a row and I got excited thinking we had a connection and would be good friends (I had no romantic intention as he was in college in another state and my ex had been long distance). But when I told him I wasn't interested in doing anything physical, the next day when I asked him about hanging out he never responded, the end.
In hindsight, I wish it all never happened. Those guys in my past don't mean anything, and I know one day I'll meet someone great and then the past guys definitely won't matter. There's no shame in being a virgin and I wish I still was, tbh....
Not to mention, even though I'm not a virgin I don't feel sexually experienced and now I'll have to somehow explain to my next boyfriend how I've had sex yet don't feel ready to do it with him :ashamed2:

I love how people make predictions out of their desires. As in, it is going to happen because I want it to happen.
Yes of course. I'd lose it to any woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juichiro
I love how people make predictions out of their desires. As in, it is going to happen because I want it to happen.

Lol well why be negative? There are lots of fish in the sea and I'm young. And I'm not gonna be with someone I don't like, so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I'll be 18 in under a month, there's no way I'd want to lose it outside of a relationship.
Reply 14
Of course. Why not? Assuming you really are friends with each other, then I'm guessing they would respect you by listening to your wishes. Losing your virginity is not what it's going to be in a Hollywood film. You don't need to be in a year long relationship, in love, surrounded by candles, rose petals and silk sheets. So why even bother waiting for 'the right person'?

I lost my heterosexual virginity when I was 16 in a relationship. I wouldn't go as far as saying I regret it, but being in a relationship doesn't make it automatically special or enjoyable. I ended up hating him. He used to disgust me. Sometimes I wish I would have done it with someone who I wasn't committed to, who was good looking and good in bed.

Sex is better when you are in love. But what are the chances of falling in love and having a mature, secure and serious relationship between the ages of 16-19. Pretty slim. So unless you want to wait until you're 21+ to have sex in a relationship then go ahead. But sex can be just for fun. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. There's nothing wrong with having a genuine friend whom you have sexual relations with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending