Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...sh-of-cultures

Does the author have a point, that Durham is elitist and even racist? Is Durham a better choice than Nottingham or Leeds for students that are upper middle class? Has the author insulted Cambridge, Durham, Nottingham and Leeds all in one article?

Incidentally, I caught up with the author, Mei Leng Yew, on Linked-In, but she declined to comment. She now works for Sky in a digital media role.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Blitzkrieg15)
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...sh-of-cultures

Does the author have a point, that Durham is elitist and even racist? Is Durham a better choice than Nottingham or Leeds for students that are upper middle class? Has the author insulted Cambridge, Durham, Nottingham and Leeds all in one article?

Incidentally, I caught up with the author, Mei Leng Yew, on Linked-In, but she declined to comment. She now works for Sky in a digital media role.
    I don't really know what to say. An interesting insight and opinion, I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I don't really know what to say. An interesting insight and opinion, I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She is lucky Durham didn't throw her out for gross misconduct. They gave her a great opportunity, and she nearly tarnished their reputation.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.