The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Still no reply... rejection maybe?

Hi,
I still haven't received a reply from Imperial. I sent my application on 23/10/14 so is it normal? Or am i soon due a rejection?
What were your experiences??

Thank you
ps. im applying for biology, so not so competitive..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If they didn't want you, they would have just rejected you so there must be some interest, they're probably not sure what to offer you (or they've forgotten), have you emailed them?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ParzivaI
If they didn't want you, they would have just rejected you so there must be some interest, they're probably not sure what to offer you (or they've forgotten), have you emailed them?

No, not yet. Do you think I should?
Reply 3
Yeah, definitely, although they will probably just say they are still considering your application, I applied for biochem in mid november and I'm still waiting, emailed them yesterday but they haven't responded yet, but not much else you can do
Reply 4
Original post by ParzivaI
Yeah, definitely, although they will probably just say they are still considering your application, I applied for biochem in mid november and I'm still waiting, emailed them yesterday but they haven't responded yet, but not much else you can do

Okay, I have done so. Best of luck with your application.
Thank you.
Reply 5
S'ok, good luck
Reply 6
Life sciences is always last, the head boy in my year who has an offer from Oxford still hasn't heard back from imperial

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by MedAppli
Life sciences is always last, the head boy in my year who has an offer from Oxford still hasn't heard back from imperial

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow!! I wonder why they take so long?? Every day that passes, i think its a rejection even more. hah!
I haven't heard back from them & Bath for Chemical engineering
Reply 9
Original post by Jgco2chem
I haven't heard back from them & Bath for Chemical engineering

What course??:confused:
Original post by hajs
What course??:confused:

Chemical engineering
Reply 11
Original post by Jgco2chem
Chemical engineering

Hah! Just realised you already wrote it!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Well anyway, best of luck! I hope we get something soon!
i haven't heard back from biochemistry for imperial although to be fair i sent mine off sooooo late
my friend who applied for physics in early october still hasn't heard back either from imperial, just application acknowledged
Original post by hajs
Hah! Just realised you already wrote it!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Well anyway, best of luck! I hope we get something soon!

thanks u tooo!!
Original post by hajs
Hi,
I still haven't received a reply from Imperial. I sent my application on 23/10/14 so is it normal? Or am i soon due a rejection?

Thank you

Wow you've been waiting for long!
I also applied for Biology but on the 1st of December and haven't heard from them yet...
Btw did you apply with A levels or IB?
Reply 15
Original post by catalina.cruanas
Wow you've been waiting for long!
I also applied for Biology but on the 1st of December and haven't heard from them yet...
Btw did you apply with A levels or IB?

Yeahh really really long! I got everything else back so kinda worried..
and with A-levels, predicted AAA, you?
Reply 16
Original post by selenerrr__x
i haven't heard back from biochemistry for imperial although to be fair i sent mine off sooooo late
my friend who applied for physics in early october still hasn't heard back either from imperial, just application acknowledged

mmm same here, just an acknowledgement letter. Kinda daunting. Hope we get something soon. what are your predicted??
Original post by hajs
Yeahh really really long! I got everything else back so kinda worried..
and with A-levels, predicted AAA, you?

Oh lucky! What other offers did you get?
I applied with a predicted IB 39 with 666 HL which I think is the equivalent of AAA as well! The only offer I received is from York, conditional for 35!
xx
Original post by hajs
mmm same here, just an acknowledgement letter. Kinda daunting. Hope we get something soon. what are your predicted??

A*AAA
Reply 19
Original post by hajs
Hi,

Thank you

I'm studying biochemistry (who tend to send out offers at the same time as biology), and it's nothing to worry about. They tend to do their offers in batches as opposed to all at once, so the fact that other people may have had their biochem/biology offers doesn't mean you won't get a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending