I'm an international student applying from the USA and I recently received an offer from Durham to study Law. I am also waiting on an offer from an UoL and am holding an offer from an ivy league in the US; thus, I need a lot of information about Durham from current students so I can make a wise decision regarding my future education.
so here it goes:
1) how is the style of teaching at Durham? lots of tutorials? lectures?
2) what is the size of the lectures/ tutorials? with what frequency do they occur?
3) who teaches the lectures/tutorials, professors or grad students?
4) how much time is asked of you for self-studying? is there any available assistance with self-study from professors or grad students?
5) do Magic Circle firms visit Durham often?
6) what is the professional destination of most upper 2:1 and 1:1 degrees? MC, SC, or just local firms?
7) what is the academic destination of most upper 2:1 and 1:1? Oxford, Harvard, or less prestigious universities?
8) how difficult is it to get a 1:1 or an upper 2:1?
8) how does the collegiate system aid in professional network?
9) is there a real sense community and university-town to the city?
10) are there any present cultural movements(theatre, classical music, etc) nearby the city?
Thank you in advance if you are able to answer most of these question. I
Would you pay less for a humanities degree?