Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Recently I've been really considering leaving university. I'm currently studying Marketing at Huddersfield Uni, however since the start of my course I have never really enjoyed it. I love living here, the lifestyle and the social side of uni, but I've been kidding myself into staying doing a course which is making me feel permanently down in order to maintain the lifestyle.
    I do want to leave uni, however since a meeting with my tutor at uni I've been persuaded to stay until the end of the year in order to attain my Diploma in Higher Education instead of leaving nothing.
    The thing is I still want to leave. I really can't bare university, I think I'm sick of education. I discussed it over Christmas with my parents and they told me they'd support me whatever my choice to do is. Since then, I've been in contact with a marketing and design agency back home, who have offered me a 3 month trial working in their digital marketing department, where they would train me from the bottom and teach me. I'm willing to learn and work myself up and I'm eager to get working.
    Now I've told my parents that I'll stay and stick it out until the end of the year but I literally can't bare the thought of all of the work between now and then.
    If ANYONE can give me some advice I'd be really appreciative. So confused right now and not sure what to do...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well ...why do you worry that much?
    You can do both - you should be happy that you have a potential job from now!

Think about this: you know Design + Marketing = total win!

How many years you have to stay in uni to get your diploma?
    I say it will work the stress,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.