Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, i'm currently doing the Individual Differences section in as ocr psychology and I'm stuck on the following section c questions:

Q1 Outline one assumption of the nurture approach in psychology
    Q2 Describe how the individual differences approach could explain multiple personality disorder
    Q3 strengths/ weakness of the nurture approach using examples from thigpen and cleckleys study

Kinda confused as to what I should write especially q2, any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hello, q1- not too sure but I'm guessing that you would have to implement the actual Individual Differences assumptions/argument into that question and link into thigpen and cleckley. I am retaking this paper and did it in 2013, so don't take my word for it but I'm sure that's what you have to do. I advise you to ask your teacher/check the mark scheme for that answer.

Q1 is pretty self explanatory

q3 - you would have to pick out strengths and weaknesses of the nurture approach but using examples from thigpen and cleckley if that makes sense. I think 2 of each would be reasonable, but again check the mark scheme

hope that helped.

Btw how you find revision for this paper so far?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'm finding revision okay, psychology is the subject that I find easiest and I understand it in more depth, I like to do a variety of practise questions to prepare me for the exam and that's helping me a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no problem, sounds good. and yeah same, I find it pretty easy tbh, I think at A2 it gets harder. but core studies is quite easy and really interesting. Im going to finish the 15 studies then move onto the 2nd half of the exam (approaches and all that) have you started that part of your revision?

ReputationRep:
    Well my teacher is introducing each approach as we get to the end of each core section just to break it down for us, however asides from classwork and exam questions set as homework I don't really do much at home yet as I don't enjoy them as much as the studies but I need to start going through them soon- my motivation isn't the best! How do you revise for psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ohh okay, sounds good. And I've been slacking with my revision lately, but I'm trying to get through the core studies ASAP, then I think I'm gonna look at the approaches and perspectives, and attempt exam papers from then onwards, trying to pick up more and more little useful detail that may have missed. hbu? how are you revising for psychology? and what other subjects do you study if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.