Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm not sure what to write here, but I'll try my best!

I'm currently at sixth form studying: biology, chemistry, use of maths and psychology.

Here are the grades I hope to achieve in summer:
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A/B
    Use of maths: A/B
    Psychology: A

I've already completed the evaluative task in chemistry (I don't know the result yet). I've also did my qualitative task (8/10) and my evaluative task in biology (I don't know result of this yet).

I didn't do so well in my mock exams, the only great grade I got was in biology (47/60 which is an A).

So yeah lol.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by CurleysWife)

I'm currently at sixth form studying: biology, chemistry, use of maths and psychology.

I've already completed the evaluative task in chemistry (I don't know the result yet). I've also did my qualitative task (8/10) and my evaluative task in biology (I don't know result of this yet).

I didn't do so well in my mock exams, the only great grade I got was in biology (47/60 which is an A).

So yeah lol.
    What grades did you get that weren't so good? It'd be great to include those too so you and everyone else can keep track of the difference you are making
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    How did you do in the rest of your mocks? Best of luck :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    How did you do in the rest of your mocks? Best of luck :yep:
    Biology: A (47/60)
    Psychology: C (46/60)
    Use of maths: E (23/50)
    Chemistry: U (20/60)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Biology: A (47/60)
    Psychology: C (46/60)
    Use of maths: E (23/50)
    Chemistry: U (20/60)
    Now you've got something to work up from, we'll be able to see how much you've improved by!

ReputationRep:
    H i, I'm in Year 11 and I am hoping of taking Psychology and Biology at A Level and I was wondering how well you thought the twp went together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    More or less in the same position as you
    Biology I got a C
    Chemistry= U
    Geography = E
    Electronics = Distinction (A)
    But I get guess no matter what you have to keep going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydia24)
    H i, I'm in Year 11 and I am hoping of taking Psychology and Biology at A Level and I was wondering how well you thought the twp went together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my sixth form, we are with the OCR exam board - so it may be different.
    However, both psychology and biology require a lot of memorisation, as there is a great deal of content to go over (definitions and such).

Psychology is more case study based (you have to remember 15 in great detail) whereas in biology, you go over processes (such as mitosis).

I would say psychology goes well with biology when you get to the physiological part.

My advice would be, if you're going to pick psychology and biology, that you're willing to put in at least two hours per week per subject of revision. (On top of your other two subjects).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_98)
    More or less in the same position as you
    Biology I got a C
    Chemistry= U
    Geography = E
    Electronics = Distinction (A)
    But I get guess no matter what you have to keep going

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes we are. It's so annoying because I understand what the question is asking, it's just exam technique that I need to work on!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thank you this helped alot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydia24)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, i take both of these subjects and i do think that they go well together. Depending on your exam board there may even be some over lap (which i luckily have had) which could possibly give you a one up on your peers. I personally struggle with biology but don't let that stop you from taking it as it is a fascinating topic in my opinion. I also absolutely love psychology there is a great deal to remember but if it is a subject that interests you then i suggest you go for it.

Ellie xx
    :bl:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that CurleysWife's grades have been verified!
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

So yeah lol.
    Hey! How's it going

Just thought I'd check in and see how you're coming along with everything :woo: Is there any subject you're finding more challenging at the moment? Or one that's going particularly well? How's the exam technique coming along?

:bl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.