Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where would be a good place to start, for searching for reasonable priced accomodation in London for the start of the next academic year.

I have a friend who will be starting university in London as well come September and I've lived in halls for my first year, so I don't know the first thing about accomodation hunting.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.unite-students.com/

Do you quickscope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    http://www.unite-students.com/

Do you quickscope?
    Thanks, will check it out.

Don't think this is the right thread for that :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Well for a start it's quite early to look for something for September. The London rental market moves so quickly that you'll probably find a place within a week if you do a dedicated search but you have to be willing to move quickly with putting down a deposit etc. The only other way is to look now and pay rent from now till Sept. Spareroom is your best bet for a share and rightmove for a whole place.

ReputationRep:
    Check out pure student living. It has 4 branches. Im staying at Pure city which is near old street and I'm loving it. all inclusive bills and a lot of amenities. There's 24*7 security too. Give it a look!

(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Where would be a good place to start, for searching for reasonable priced accomodation in London for the start of the next academic year.

I have a friend who will be starting university in London as well come September and I've lived in halls for my first year, so I don't know the first thing about accomodation hunting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.g16)
    Check out pure student living. It has 4 branches. Im staying at Pure city which is near old street and I'm loving it. all inclusive bills and a lot of amenities. There's 24*7 security too. Give it a look!
    What are the costs like?

ReputationRep:
    What are the costs like?
    Yo man , where you from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YazeedJ)
    Yo man , where you from ?
    Southeast London, currently living in central at halls for first years.

ReputationRep:
    Southeast London, currently living in central at halls for first years.
    dude tell me about it ? I'm coming very soon

Are you studying in Coventry uni ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YazeedJ)
    dude tell me about it ? I'm coming very soon

Are you studying in Coventry uni ?
    No, I'm in London, studying at Cass Business School, City University.

ReputationRep:
    are you looking for a flat/house mate? i'm in halls for my first year too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saratotherescue)
    are you looking for a flat/house mate? i'm in halls for my first year too
    Flat, both, I'm looking around an area around City University.

ReputationRep:
    Pure City is your best bet if you're studying at Cass. I study there myself. Just a 5-10 min walk so you'll save a lot of transport. and you'll get a concession from Uni on the rent too.
    QUOTE=Abdul-Karim;53576947]What are the costs like?[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    There are so many student accommodations. I stay in one too and i love it becuase there are so many students around and plenty of security. And rent is all inclusive which is the best part. Im staying in Pure City. Its in central london so the location is great! check it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.g16)
    Pure City is your best bet if you're studying at Cass. I study there myself. Just a 5-10 min walk so you'll save a lot of transport. and you'll get a concession from Uni on the rent too.
    QUOTE=Abdul-Karim;53576947]What are the costs like?
    [/QUOTE]
    Hi! I will be studying in london next year and i am considering living in pure city too. However i have heard that the guest policy is very strict and that they only allow you to have one overnight guest 12 days per month. Is it true??

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I will be studying in london next year and i am considering living in pure city too. However i have heard that the guest policy is very strict and that they only allow you to have one overnight guest 12 days per month. Is it true??[/QUOTE]

Yes that is right. It's kind of strict I agree, also day guests and night guests are required to leave an ID at reception. However this is what makes Pure a safe place to live in.

ReputationRep:
    The staff is really friendly here. You can always explain your situation to them and they'll help you out but these are the rules. You're allowed more sleepovers but you have to pay for them.
    Hi! I will be studying in london next year and i am considering living in pure city too. However i have heard that the guest policy is very strict and that they only allow you to have one overnight guest 12 days per month. Is it true??[/QUOTE]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.