The Student Room Group

How important are offer holder open days?

I am an international student and have already applied to five places, but I haven't been able to visit any of them yet. If and when I do get offers and invites to post-offer open days, how important or helpful would they be for me? If I do want to go, it will cost a lot of money and I just want to know whether or not it is worth travelling all the way from Japan to England to visit universities.

Thank you!
Original post by 2015brj
I am an international student and have already applied to five places, but I haven't been able to visit any of them yet. If and when I do get offers and invites to post-offer open days, how important or helpful would they be for me? If I do want to go, it will cost a lot of money and I just want to know whether or not it is worth travelling all the way from Japan to England to visit universities.

Thank you!

they are useful as it gives you a chance to see the uni find out more about the course and speak to staff and current students. whether it is worth the money or practical for you to travel from japan I would doubt. if you do decide to go ahead try to ensure you are here for at least a week and fit in open days for as many unis as possible in your period here. if there are not open days available contact th unis for campus tours and they might arrange for someone to be available to talk to you. finally what unis are you applying for and do you currently live in a big city or smaller town or rural area
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
they are useful as it gives you a chance to see the uni find out more about the course and speak to staff and current students. whether it is worth the money or practical for you to travel from japan I would doubt. if you do decide to go ahead try to ensure you are here for at least a week and fit in open days for as many unis as possible in your period here. if there are not open days available contact th unis for campus tours and they might arrange for someone to be available to talk to you. finally what unis are you applying for and do you currently live in a big city or smaller town or rural area

thanks for replying! turns out that i'd end up missing a lot of school if it tried to attend open days, so i talked to my parents and we'll go visit the unis over my one week break regardless of when the open days are :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending