Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me some advice. I already got offers from these three universities, but now I have no idea which one to go to. Please help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blingbling_96)
    Can anyone give me some advice. I already got offers from these three universities, but now I have no idea which one to go to. Please help.
    I would say York or Warwick is more prestigious than Sheffield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All three are "prestigious" universities and are all quite close on the various overall league tables but if you looking at just biosciences York and Sheffield are in the top 10, and I know Sheffield has been for a while, where as Warwick doesn't make it into the top 20.

To be honest though I wouldn't go too much on the league table given that all three are good universities. The best thing to do is look at the structure of each of the three course (i.e. the assessment, the modules available, are you able to choose modules?) and go by which course best matches your interests. Other thins to consider are: Do you want to go to a campus or city university? What do you want out of student life? Do you like the place you will be living in for 3 years?

I am from York and studied Biology at Sheffield and did some of the Biomed modules. In terms of student life I would say that Sheffield is more "studenty" then York. Also, although Sheffield is a bigger city it never felt like I was living in a big city and the uni accommodation is in a nice area and only about a 30min walk into the city centre.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.