The Student Room Group

What one feature do you most want on your next car?

Scroll to see replies

I'd quite like central locking
People always go to open the door and I just have to go "soz, gotta just pull the lock up"

Or power steering, though it is hilarious to watch others drive and then moan about the lack of power steering
weaklings!
(edited 9 years ago)
I would like a satnav feature :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Haha yh im 18, should have had my lisence 2 years now but had to delay driving by a year. My insurance was 1250 on my clio 1.2 but the thing that really annoys me is the black box!! Drives me crazy not having the freedom to speed a little now and then. Cant even over take a bicycle

Honestly, I don't think the telematic boxes work. I think it's more placebo than anything. I've had a black box since day one, and I've never made any consideration for it. I'm with InsureTheBox - the telematic box definitely logs speed/milage/braking etc., but hasn't impacted my policy yet. I honestly drive a bit erratically - admittedly, I do drive quite fast. I work evenings and finish my shift in the early morning - every day on the drive home I usually reach 90+ mph on the motorway. I know its a bit silly - but I'm not stupid; I'd never drive like that in a built-up area or if there are many cars on the roads - its just usually when the motorway is clear on the way home.

I've been driving for 8 months and haven't heard a word from my insurance yet. I'm due for renewal in July, but once I get my 1 year NCB I'll be buying a new car anyway, so if they do to and put my premium up then I'll be going elsewhere. I've already been quoted £1,000 less on a car that's twice as powerful as the one I have now!

So yeah, honestly, don't worry about the box to much. Don't let it restrict you too much.
Original post by Burridge
Honestly, I don't think the telematic boxes work. I think it's more placebo than anything. I've had a black box since day one, and I've never made any consideration for it. I'm with InsureTheBox - the telematic box definitely logs speed/milage/braking etc., but hasn't impacted my policy yet. I honestly drive a bit erratically - admittedly, I do drive quite fast. I work evenings and finish my shift in the early morning - every day on the drive home I usually reach 90+ mph on the motorway. I know its a bit silly - but I'm not stupid; I'd never drive like that in a built-up area or if there are many cars on the roads - its just usually when the motorway is clear on the way home.

I've been driving for 8 months and haven't heard a word from my insurance yet. I'm due for renewal in July, but once I get my 1 year NCB I'll be buying a new car anyway, so if they do to and put my premium up then I'll be going elsewhere. I've already been quoted £1,000 less on a car that's twice as powerful as the one I have now!

So yeah, honestly, don't worry about the box to much. Don't let it restrict you too much.

Yeah thats a good point ive had the policy about 9 months now and recently it hasnt really changed my rating by me speeding sometimes, but its just the threat of possibly getting a £100 fine from them.

90mph on the motorway, be careful they are turning all speed cameras on the motorways on permanently i think now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waz96
Yeah thats a good point ive had the policy about 9 months now and recently it hasnt really changed my rating by me speeding sometimes, but its just the threat of possibly getting a £100 fine from them.

90mph on the motorway, be careful they are turning all speed cameras on the motorways on permanently i think now.

£100 fine? Jesus. I think they're overstepping the mark a little if they're introducing fines for speeding. It should be left to the justice system to impose that kind of punishment, not for rip-off insurance companies trying to make a quick buck.

And it's a bypass to be honest, not really a motorway. It has a decent mile-long stretch though which is always clear :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Motorbiker
Atm, my car is pretty poor but in thinking of what I want on my next one.

I think AC is up there, not used my car in summer yet but I bet it will suck with no AC.

Others include heated front windscreen and stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Lack of AC in the summer isn't too bad, we don't get many truly scorching days, and rolling the windows down is enough to be tolerable.

I think Ford have got the heated windscreen patented, don't they? That is a very good feature imo, I've been looking at Ford's quite a bit for my next set of wheels.

Heated seats & steering wheel would be nice :moon:
Original post by Burridge
£100 fine? Jesus. I think they're overstepping the mark a little if they're introducing fines for speeding. It should be left to the justice system to impose that kind of punishment, not for rip-off insurance companies trying to make a quick buck.

And it's a bypass to be honest, not really a motorway. It has a decent mile-long stretch though which is always clear :smile:

Yeah its £100 if i speed twice in 30 days and if i speed 3 times then the policy is void.
God i loved the first two weeks of the policy when they hadnt fitted the blasted thing yet lol.
That said its the limited mileage that annoys me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TornadoGR4
Lack of AC in the summer isn't too bad, we don't get many truly scorching days, and rolling the windows down is enough to be tolerable.

I think Ford have got the heated windscreen patented, don't they? That is a very good feature imo, I've been looking at Ford's quite a bit for my next set of wheels.

Heated seats & steering wheel would be nice :moon:

Good to know, on a bike I just opened my jacket on hot days.

I think so but other companies will find ways of doing it slightly differently.

Cruise control is also awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending