The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Fashion applicants 2015 - What not to wear to interviews?

Hey,
So I've seen a lot of people posting in other discussions what to wear and what not to wear to upcoming interviews but I thought I'd make it a bit easier for everyone.
So if you'd like to leave any replies for any inspo/outfit ideas etc and also definite items not to wear.

Some topic starters:
- are trainers/sneakers allowed?
- costume make-up appealing or a put off (if applying for a relevant course)?
- can I wear something I have made and put into my portfolio?

Thank you & good luck with your interviews x

P.S. Feel free to say where you've applied, had offers or been declined

(I've applied to LCF, UCA Rochester, Westminster, Ravensbourne and UEL for fashion design and Pattern cutting at LCF)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!
I have applied to LCF and CSM - both for BA Womenswear. I think you can come in sneakers for sure! You can wear anything you want. I'm also thinking of either wearing a top or pants I made but I'll see, it's not that near yet :biggrin:. As for make-up, I would say if it's good and not over-the-top it should be quite fine? Someone who's already studying at these places would probably know better though.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I think you can wear whatever you want! It wouldn't be a big deal at all after all it's your work that matters not your outfit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Most universities say not to even worry about your outfits because it doesn't influence their decision! But I do think for UAL unis like LCF/CSM there would be a litte more judgement on what you're wearing, idk?? If you're wearing something you'd designed/made I think that'd look great, but other than that I think they just want you to look presentable/smart :tongue:
Reply 4
I have my CSM interview on Sunday and I was wrecking my head thinking of something to wear but I think I'm just gonna go with smart casual. Maybe trousers, a nice top and small heels! What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending