Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I already have 240 (well actually 300 but only 240 can be transferred) so I would be starting at level 3. I cant decide if I want to get it done in 2 years or 4 years. Ideally 2 but I dont know how it will be with me working full time. I want to get a good degree

How would doing 30 credits per year work if they are 60 credit modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trifleontoast)
    I already have 240 (well actually 300 but only 240 can be transferred) so I would be starting at level 3. I cant decide if I want to get it done in 2 years or 4 years. Ideally 2 but I dont know how it will be with me working full time. I want to get a good degree

How would doing 30 credits per year work if they are 60 credit modules?
    It wouldn't. That's the downside to moving towards more 60 credit modules. I'm in a similar boat, transferred 240 credits in so doing a 30 pointer this year then maybe the compulsory 60 pointer next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laalNick)
    It wouldn't. That's the downside to moving towards more 60 credit modules. I'm in a similar boat, transferred 240 credits in so doing a 30 pointer this year then maybe the compulsory 60 pointer next year.
    So why do they offer 30 credit route? i dont know if 60 credits will be too much for me to do

ReputationRep:
    So obtain the materials from ebay or amazon and study in advance. Or read some of the sample material (usually two units, or whatever, depending on the module) so you're 1-2 months ahead. Should feel more like 45 credits then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trifleontoast)
    So why do they offer 30 credit route? i dont know if 60 credits will be too much for me to do
    I don't know they seem to be switching up a lot f things and no one seems to fully know what's going on.
    On one hand though one 60 pointer is generally easier than 2 30 pointers but it's crap if you just want to do 30 at a time. This was an issue I raised when I was asking as I didn't really want to do 60 credits a year (crammed way too much in on last degree thanks to modules on last presentations, transitional fees and degree disappearing Dec2014).
    However you can start and if gets too much defer/cancel the module and fee cost moves over to retaking module another year (can also sometimes bank any submitted assignment scores if you want) or if it's your first module with OU they will let you choose another module instead (this was according to advice I was given off SST). But like BestProfileName says trying to get upper hand by getting hold of material second hand is always a good idea IMHO so you can least get a bit of a head start and brush up on some weaker points. But definitely ring up and get put through to the Student Support Team (SST) as they talk about any worries you have, what to try, what to do if doesn't work out or if you fall behind etc. I found they were helpful to me on the phone and we came up with a back up plan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.