Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you sleep over at your ex's if you wanted them back? watch

Announcements

We are from same town and were in a LDR (2yrs) at uni and broke up recently due to various pressures but are trying to make a fresh start because we both feel the same about each other ... Or so I thought.

i feel he is keeping me dangling because it's always maybe/perhaps I'll see when we try to make plans to meet (haven't since new year ) In fact when we do meet it will only be briefly because he doesn't want to sleep at mine yet because he says we need to get to know each other again first !! Surely he should be jumping at the chance to stay overnight with me ???! Doesn't make any sense. I know one of the guys in my house doesn't like him but surely that shouldn't matter. Is he making excuses?

ReputationRep:
    Don't like the sound of it. Suggest you save your dignity by putting him firmly on hold unless he comes of the fence. Better still find someone better who is enthusiastic.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    To answer your thread title, yes. Would I attempt anything intimate while I was over? No.

I don't know if either of you are still at University - if you are, then maybe deep down he really wants it to work with you but he doesn't want to face the same pressures just yet - whether or not those were affected by it being an LDR I don't know, but I'd imagine they would be easier to tackle if you were around eachother more often. It could be that he's stalling until the end of this year if you're still at uni.

When he says that he wants to get to know you again maybe he means that. It's too easy to just jump back in and say 'right, let's pick up where we left off' because it may only be temporary again. He may be wanting to set up a bit of stability and wanting you to be sure of him before things proceed, ignoring his desires while he does so.

I suppose you could just get to know him again - give it some time and patience, and then try again. Maybe try to agree to having just a bit of intimacy, only at your place if he feels comfortable with it.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    To answer your thread title, yes. Would I attempt anything intimate while I was over? No.

I don't know if either of you are still at University - if you are, then maybe deep down he really wants it to work with you but he doesn't want to face the same pressures just yet - whether or not those were affected by it being an LDR I don't know, but I'd imagine they would be easier to tackle if you were around eachother more often. It could be that he's stalling until the end of this year if you're still at uni.

When he says that he wants to get to know you again maybe he means that. It's too easy to just jump back in and say 'right, let's pick up where we left off' because it may only be temporary again. He may be wanting to set up a bit of stability and wanting you to be sure of him before things proceed, ignoring his desires while he does so.

I suppose you could just get to know him again - give it some time and patience, and then try again. Maybe try to agree to having just a bit of intimacy, only at your place if he feels comfortable with it.
    Thanks that makes me feel a bit better. I just don't want to be made a fool of and kept on the back burner to just slot in around every thing else he wants to do which is how it feels
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks that makes me feel a bit better. I just don't want to be made a fool of and kept on the back burner to just slot in around every thing else he wants to do which is how it feels
    That must feel awful. :hugs:

Maybe he isn't doing it deliberately and things just need time to work out. If he is then there'll be someone out there who's better for you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.