Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex-Girlfriend Wants Her Stuff Back Watch

ReputationRep:
    After me and my girlfriend dated for a little while, things didn't end quite so nicely. But apart from the arguments , she left some items of clothing at my place, from when she stayed over.

In the mist of her saying she never loved me and loved this other guy and how much of a **** I was, she texted me saying "I want my stuff back by the end of next week, just saying". I didn't really know what to make of it. Until her mum turned up at my work asking to make a complaint about me to my manager. Which was weird enough, Like wtf.

Normally I wouldn't mind giving a girls stuff back, but just the way she's going about it and her demanding attitude.

What at do you think guys, should I just give it back or leave it. ? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You have to give it back, tell her when she can come and collect it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, give her it back, and then having nothing else to do with her or her family. Quicker you give it back, the better.

ReputationRep:
    Pass it on as if it were a hot potato. I can't believe she'd get her mother to harass your workplace... You're better off without her.

You've got to give it back, it's rightfully hers.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I don't really get why you've got a problem with a "demanding attitude", it belongs to her.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Stay calm and dignified. Collect her things together neatly and with respect and place them in plastic bags or a container. Then call her, politely tell her you have gathered her belongings and ask her when would she like to come over and get them.

Do not rise to any provocation or goading. Accept that the relationship is over and you are moving on with your life.

Then, move on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    Give it back, just make sure you return sticky and covered in white marks.

ReputationRep:
    You bought this on yourself, just give the stuff back unless you want to be a transvestite in which case, buy your own female clothing. She could go to the police and accuse you of theft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheapTuesdays)
    After me and my girlfriend dated for a little while, things didn't end quite so nicely. But apart from the arguments , she left some items of clothing at my place, from when she stayed over.

In the mist of her saying she never loved me and loved this other guy and how much of a **** I was, she texted me saying "I want my stuff back by the end of next week, just saying". I didn't really know what to make of it. Until her mum turned up at my work asking to make a complaint about me to my manager. Which was weird enough, Like wtf.

Normally I wouldn't mind giving a girls stuff back, but just the way she's going about it and her demanding attitude.

What at do you think guys, should I just give it back or leave it. ? Thanks
    Dump it all out the window/on your porch/on your doorstep and then tell her to come get it. Lock the door and ignore her if she starts mouthing off.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to take the path that gets you out of this mess as quick as possible, with the least drama as possible, and keeping your dignity in tact as much as possible.

Anything else is pointless and counter productive.

ReputationRep:
    cut her clothes up or donate it to charity

ReputationRep:
    Well you should give it back bit the fact she called her mother is pretty weird.

Just give it back to her and let that be that.

ReputationRep:
    Don't descend to her level.

Parcel it up in a black plastic bag and tell her to come and get it at a certain time on a certain day that is convenient to you. You might want her to check through it so she can't accuse you of keeping anything and I'd be tempted to get her to sign for it.

You are well rid of her.

ReputationRep:
    Oh for god sake pull yourself together man, stop throwing a tantrum. Just tell her to come collect it and that will be the end of that. Just be an adult about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Don't descend to her level.

Parcel it up in a black plastic bag and tell her to come and get it at a certain time on a certain day that is convenient to you. You might want her to check through it so she can't accuse you of keeping anything and I'd be tempted to get her to sign for it.

You are well rid of her.
    Well said, and don't snigger like the username of the person who gave this advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    Dump it all out the window/on your porch/on your doorstep and then tell her to come get it. Lock the door and ignore her if she starts mouthing off.
    I vote you do this. She sounds childish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No wonder she left you OP, you sound like a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't give it to her but just box it all up and tell her to come get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They belong to her so unless you signed contracts passing control over to you or they have been at your house for an extended period of time with her making no effort to reclaim it you are obligated to return them to her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.