Turn on thread page Beta

I drunk messaged one of my friends asking them out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, well were to start, I'm really wishing I woke up this morning and this was a bad dream, sadly that's not the case. So I went out last night for a few drinks as one of my friends was back for a few days, I didn't get majorly drunk, but I was tipsy when I got home. Anyway I was messaging one of my other friends on Facebook the day before asking how her work was going etc, and for some reason, probably because when I drink I get depressed about not having a girlfriend. So I started messaging her that night when I got in tipsy, I started it by saying "would it be weird if I asked if we could go out for a drink" and she replied saying "not at all, why would it be weird?" And then I said "because it would just be the two of us", anyway this continued for a while and she eventually asked me if I was asking her out, and I said I was. At first she thought I was joking, but I told her I wasn't, and she agreed to go out and have a drink with me on the condition if either of us said no that it shouldn't make it awkward between us, I said fair enough. Although now I'm really worried because our friend group is the same, so if they find out I asked her out its going to be really embarrassing, she said she wouldn't tell anybody about me asking her out and us going out for a drink, but I know eventually they'll find out, I really don't know what to do, I never should of sent those messages, Facebook is the bane of drunk people. So really any advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqqC_fbP1c

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to go out with her?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channies)
    Do you want to go out with her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I think she's really nice and pretty, and I know she wants to find someone to date, but I really don't want it to be really awkward in our friendship group if she says that she doesn't want to date me, because that will eventually get out to our friends and they'll all be like "WTF, why did you ask her out" to me, also I should note that our friendship group are all girls, I don't really have any guy friends
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    The only people that will feel awkward are the two of you - if you let it get that way.

The best way to deal with embarrassment and feeling awkward if it does not work out, is with self deprecating humour - before anyone else makes a joke out of it. That way, you will diffuse tension and it was nothing serious to begin with.

If you like each other, go for it. You only have one life.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    When Drunk people do things they would shy away from when sober so...

And your friends group WILL find out, girls share literally EVERYTHING!

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't be awkward for others, it shows confidence, well even if you was drunk

ReputationRep:
    Drunken actions are sober thoughts

Just get on with it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.