Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Over summer, after my first year results, i decided i wanted to change to a different course within my university and the head of the new course asked me to do 2 of the modules from the new course and pass them in order to get into the first year of the new course.

    If i get the results needed in a couple days then i will be on the new course for this semester, and as i've already completed the compulsory modules for the first semester of the first year i won't have to do any extra years (i'll be switching from a 4 year to a 3 year but i'll graduate the 3 year the same time i would have graduated from the 4 year).

    Will this affect my funding?
    I would have thought my first year of the 4 year course would have counted as my gift year, and then my funding should still cover the remaining 2 and 1/2 years i have left if i do get to change?

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hello Dino,

    As long as this is the first time you have had funding from us then you are correct in saying that you will still get full funding.

    Your University will have to notify us of this change electronically so that we can update the course details on your application, please check that they have done this.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.