Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Going to the doctor about spots???! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've had spots on my cheeks for about 7 years now but its not like acne, they are kinda red but not as bad as acne, theres like two with the whitehead :eek: and I was thinking about booking an appointment at my doctor surgery tomorrow, but I feel like i'll be wasting the doctors time and the doctor will just turn me away without prescribing me anything. I've literally tried so many cleansers and nothing seems to get rid of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestars)
    So I've had spots on my cheeks for about 7 years now but its not like acne, they are kinda red but not as bad as acne, theres like two with the whitehead :eek: and I was thinking about booking an appointment at my doctor surgery tomorrow, but I feel like i'll be wasting the doctors time and the doctor will just turn me away without prescribing me anything. I've literally tried so many cleansers and nothing seems to get rid of them
    These spots may in fact be acne and, due to their chronic prevalence, I would suggest a visit to your GP surgery is acceptable. If so, the doctor may be able to prescribe you an antibiotic, such as tetracycline, to treat the acne. On the other hand, these spots may not be acne at all and the doctor may inform you it's simply part of puberty, or something else. Either way, GPs are paid to deal with the concerns of their patients and you never know, you could be 'cured' in no time!

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loukas2993)
    These spots may in fact be acne and, due to their chronic prevalence, I would suggest a visit to your GP surgery is acceptable. If so, the doctor may be able to prescribe you an antibiotic, such as tetracycline, to treat the acne. On the other hand, these spots may not be acne at all and the doctor may inform you it's simply part of puberty, or something else. Either way, GPs are paid to deal with the concerns of their patients and you never know, you could be 'cured' in no time!

Good luck.
    I'm going to book an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, hopefully i will be prescribed something.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the doctors a few months ago and was given Zineryt (just a liquid you apply twice a day) and my spots have all gone on my face, leaving me with completely clear skin. It's great and I'd recommend it to anyone (I only apply it once a day now), hope you find something that works for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklevisionary)
    I went to the doctors a few months ago and was given Zineryt (just a liquid you apply twice a day) and my spots have all gone on my face, leaving me with completely clear skin. It's great and I'd recommend it to anyone (I only apply it once a day now), hope you find something that works for you.
    i have the same stuff but mines taking longer to get rid of

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for your skin to clear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestars)
    How long did it take for your skin to clear?
    I could notice they were drying up after a few days and they gradually got better until after just over a month I only had a few spots left and after a few more weeks they were all gone. I now only get the occasional one every now and then but for the majority my skin is clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_username)
    i have the same stuff but mines taking longer to get rid of
    Persevere with it and hopefully it'll work just as well for you. At the start I had about 30 spots (most small but still visible as small patches of red-ness, especially on my forehead) just for reference. Hope you get them sorted

ReputationRep:
    You are going to waste your money on a GP. I cleared my spots with Apple cider vineager and glycerin. They were gone in 3 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsandaLFC)
    You are going to waste your money on a GP. I cleared my spots with Apple cider vineager and glycerin. They were gone in 3 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't pay for the doctor anyway. But I'd rather see what the doctor says first

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I could notice they were drying up after a few days and they gradually got better until after just over a month I only had a few spots left and after a few more weeks they were all gone. I now only get the occasional one every now and then but for the majority my skin is clear
    Well that's good I just need something for these spots to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsandaLFC)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just because this worked for you, it doesn't mean it will work on another, and seeing a GP is free in the UK, so no money wasted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.