Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to chill when I think about unpleasant things, truths about human nature etc. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Example: it is fairly inevitable that if I am low-value then my future partner will cheat on me, it's also inevitable I will hear some story about cheating or a rough breakup, what I need is tips to not feel emotion about this/show it on TSR or IRL when it happens. I am incredibly impulsive and hypersensitive, some say I'm weak.

Others would include rape, suicide, murder, self-harming, effects of severe mental health problems etc. basically I need desensitisation because my reaction to these things is what is making me lose friends on TSR and get told I whine.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about how you feel about the subjects it's about how you respond to them ok put on a strong front and face it. Just react in a sensitive but no OTT manner. you should be ok
    Just to say just because you have an opinion about something does not mean it needs to be shared.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.