Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking to study this course at university, can anyone share how they feel the course is and the benefits of studying this course at Loughborough.

I'm stuck between Loughborough University and Aston University for the same course, any help one where is better to study this course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jaimin_mistry)
    Looking to study this course at university, can anyone share how they feel the course is and the benefits of studying this course at Loughborough.

I'm stuck between Loughborough University and Aston University for the same course, any help one where is better to study this course?
    Hi jaimin_mistry

Accounting and Financial Management is a really popular course. It depends what you're after in your studies, but speaking for Loughborough, we're one of less that 1% of business schools in the world that have achieved accreditation from all 3 major accrediting bodies see here for more info

The course also caries exam exemptions from accountancy professional bodies and is a 4 yr course The third year is spent on a salaried professional placement. This could be with a firm of chartered accountants (some will allow you to begin your professional training contract during this time) or in an accounting or financial management position with a commercial, industrial or public sector organisation. If you have a look at the top of this page there is a video of one of our students talking about the course: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/ug/business/afm/

Have a look on TSR Connect too if you haven't already, there may be some people there you can talk to.

It's also not all about the course - you're going to be spending a lot of time where ever it is you choose. Make sure what there is to offer at each uni eg: overall student experience, opportunity to enhance your life skills etc. and it matches what you want to get out of your time at Uni. If you've not visited both unis yet, I strongly recommend that you do - it'll help you make up your mind either way.

Hope this helps a bit and hopefully there will be others come along with their experiences. If you need any more info, let me know.

Vicky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.