Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

all my life I have been told I chat *******s, how do I stop this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is not just a TSR thing, I remember a guy in my Year 9 class saying, I chat a lot of *******s. It's funny because I have lots of professionals trying to convince me I am smart but I am not, or I would not profusely chat tripe on a regular basis. However, the fact I chatted *******s when 14 suggests this is not just limited to relationships. :/

ReputationRep:
    What type of things do you say that's ****?

I haven't noticed it...

ReputationRep:
    Being smart does not preclude you from talking nonsense, and talking nonsense does not mean someone is stupid.

If you feel it's getting you down, talk only about things you know to be fact and then listen to and absorb the opinions of others on those facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    What type of things do you say that's ****?

I haven't noticed it...
    as an example, I pulled out the statistic than 20-30% of men in this country are FA incels

another, that women are more likely to cheat on men with round faces [there is some evidence for this during ovulation period]

etc.

ReputationRep:
    this is frustrating me: I post about the rise of fitness models taking lots of selfless and pointing to narcissism or promoting supplements as the reason etc., and I got told I must be a pizza-loving fatty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    this is frustrating me: I post about the rise of fitness models taking lots of selfless and pointing to narcissism or promoting supplements as the reason etc., and I got told I must be a pizza-loving fatty.
    Has it occurred to you that not everything you read online is true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Has it occurred to you that not everything you read online is true?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3102975

Maker

has disagreed with me before

didn't see what I said wrong in this OP, for once

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3102975

Maker

has disagreed with me before

didn't see what I said wrong in this OP, for once
    Not sure how that thread relates to my point, but I'll repeat: not everything you read online [which always seems to reinforce your negative world view] is true. For an intelligent person (and I do think you're intelligent), you don't seem to be at all discerning in terms of what you read and its veracity.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how that thread relates to my point, but I'll repeat: not everything you read online [which always seems to reinforce your negative world view] is true. For an intelligent person (and I do think you're intelligent), you don't seem to be at all discerning in terms of what you read and its veracity.
    Maker is not a known troll, just dislikes me I think. He'd have no reason to post false stories just to rile me up, more likely just completely disagrees with me. His point is essentially that I am whining about fitness models because I'm jealous. It is true, but the thread was created to help deal with it, and seek alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    Maker is not a known troll, just dislikes me I think. He'd have no reason to post false stories just to rile me up, more likely just completely disagrees with me. His point is essentially that I am whining about fitness models because I'm jealous. It is true, but the thread was created to help deal with it, and seek alternatives.
    ...so if someone disagrees with you, who's to say that they're right and you're wrong?

ReputationRep:
    ...so if someone disagrees with you, who's to say that they're right and you're wrong?
    historically a lot of what I say is plain wrong, sometimes I have to let other people win just to avoid victim mentality.

ReputationRep:
    a person doesn't have to be a troll to say things that aren't true..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    historically a lot of what I say is plain wrong, sometimes I have to let other people win just to avoid victim mentality.
    Rrright... how does falsely agreeing with someone help anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    a person doesn't have to be a troll to say things that aren't true..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    he obviously had quite a low opinion of the type of person who wines about fitness models (and he assumes me to be one of those by looking at thread)

Rrright... how does falsely agreeing with someone help anybody?
    it doesn't help me but do I help myself much? Not always.

ReputationRep:
    Never too late to start trying!

ReputationRep:
    Never too late to start trying!
    no it;'s not! However I don't know all the rules of life/the game/society etc. yet, so I still need to ask questions regarding them (like my other thread) so that I don't end up breaking any with my behaviour/attitudes etc.

ReputationRep:
    no it;'s not! However I don't know all the rules of life/the game/society etc. yet, so I still need to ask questions regarding them (like my other thread) so that I don't end up breaking any with my behaviour/attitudes etc.
    Nowt wrong with breaking the odd rule, so long as you learn your lesson.

ReputationRep:
    he obviously had quite a low opinion of the type of person who wines about fitness models (and he assumes me to be one of those by looking at thread)

then just ignore him. there's plenty of people on this site that I could get upset over their opinions of me. but I just ignore them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    then just ignore him. there's plenty of people on this site that I could get upset over their opinions of me. but I just ignore them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I poke fun at them.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i have a friend who always chats **** and i think it's just the way you carry yourself; it can't be helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.