Announcements

ReputationRep:
    AS Subjects:

Biology Low A. Low A B A
    Chemistry Stable C. High C C A
    Maths. High B. High B A A
    French. Stable C. Low B D/A A

grade wanted working at grade christmas february report February mocks

I used to want those grades because of my dream to go into medicine. Though now, as I'm beginning to question my career choice
    they have become an aim I wish to achieve just because I know I can do it.
    I will use this as an opportunity to spill all my inner musings about my future as well as somewhere I can track my progress, as the two will be very linked.

This isn't a competition for me as much as I've seen others make it out as. I think it would be nice to have a place to just talk, to lay out ideas and to remind myself it is all possible if only I work hard enough. :dumbells:

Chemistry and french are turning out to be slightly more difficult than I imagined. They are very different to eachother, I think, and that kind of makes me a bit wary when I feel like studying.

Because chemistry is more like maths, you need to put what you know in practice, be relevant, use the best path to explain things. Whereas with French, there are things you must learn, vocabulary, grammar, intonation, which must be learned by heart, but they have to be able to be put into practice at a moment's notice.

Mock exams are coming soon, only a week to go,
    :bricks:
    and needless to say I'm trying to do as much as possible and procrastinate for minimal amounts of time. Even though that may not work all the time, it's certainly an improvement on before.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Best of luck with your mocks and everything in the future Keep us updated on how your revision is going and if you need any help :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same situation as you.

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo. That's two mocks down, two to go!

biology went really well ( at least I think so). Maths, well, not so much. All I can do now is wait for the results.

I have chemistry tomorrow, and I can't quite bring myself to do anything. It's really annoying cause during the year I do extra work and all that, but come exam period, and all I seem to want is sleep. Constantly.

French isn't until next Monday, but I should really be doing some of that stuff as well.

In terms of future plans, I don't really know. I wanted to keep all four subjects on for A2, but I can't deal with the french at all. So I've decided to drop french. Whilst I like the language, all the work and the expectations are too much. I will do my best to get an A this year and that shall be that.

However, I've been looking at taking dance next year instead. Like, take the AS dance next year during my A2. Because I really enjoy dance. Id say it's my passion, but whilst I really really enjoy it, it doesn't go that far. But to learn more about it, about the things behind the movement, that would be great. Still not sure bout it though.

Ive also been looking more in depth at doing a midwifery course, and to be honest, it's pulling me in much more than medicine. Because it has a large amount of applied biology and 'medicine like' things, but you get to interact with women on a daily basis, to help them at an equally exiting and frightening time, and develop a close bond with the mother and the baby. I've been reading up on it, and it sounds so much more rewarding. And it's not because I see it as an easier option (because I don') : you work the same hours (on average) as a doctor, and the pay is much lower, and the hospitals understaffed. But it's a challange, a new thing everyday, pushing past limits and helping women. It sounds perfect. Medicine isn't out of the running though. I think I will apply to both, and see where to go from there.

Yeah, so that's what's been going on. Wish me luck tomorrow! (I'll need it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brichisa)
    Wooooo. That's two mocks down, two to go!

biology went really well ( at least I think so). Maths, well, not so much. All I can do now is wait for the results.

I have chemistry tomorrow, and I can't quite bring myself to do anything. It's really annoying cause during the year I do extra work and all that, but come exam period, and all I seem to want is sleep. Constantly.

French isn't until next Monday, but I should really be doing some of that stuff as well.

In terms of future plans, I don't really know. I wanted to keep all four subjects on for A2, but I can't deal with the french at all. So I've decided to drop french. Whilst I like the language, all the work and the expectations are too much. I will do my best to get an A this year and that shall be that.

However, I've been looking at taking dance next year instead. Like, take the AS dance next year during my A2. Because I really enjoy dance. Id say it's my passion, but whilst I really really enjoy it, it doesn't go that far. But to learn more about it, about the things behind the movement, that would be great. Still not sure bout it though.

Ive also been looking more in depth at doing a midwifery course, and to be honest, it's pulling me in much more than medicine. Because it has a large amount of applied biology and 'medicine like' things, but you get to interact with women on a daily basis, to help them at an equally exiting and frightening time, and develop a close bond with the mother and the baby. I've been reading up on it, and it sounds so much more rewarding. And it's not because I see it as an easier option (because I don') : you work the same hours (on average) as a doctor, and the pay is much lower, and the hospitals understaffed. But it's a challange, a new thing everyday, pushing past limits and helping women. It sounds perfect. Medicine isn't out of the running though. I think I will apply to both, and see where to go from there.

Yeah, so that's what's been going on. Wish me luck tomorrow! (I'll need it!)
    pm me on how you do 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The mock went fine I'm so happy! I have no exams now until french on Monday. That's a full 4 days without exams!! Woooooooooo
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that Brichisa's grades have been verified! :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Mock exams are now... Over!!
    :adore:

Kind of. I got my maths result today, and that was 79%, right at the brink between a B and an A, but managed just about to get the A. That's good news. French went alright today, but then again, I did finish half an hour early, so yeah... I've still got the french oral mock, but proper exams have finished!! Woooo.

And my count down says it's only 92 day till the exams. Not so wooo.. I've written quite a lot of flash cards, putting the bear minimum of inormation on small pieces of paper seems to help.

Im going to nap now cause I've earned it. Good night!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so, 66 days to exams! :eek:

It's been a true roller coaster these past few weeks. I feel like I'm doing nothing to keep up with the pace at school, especially chemistry. I just feel like I'm just not putting in enough effort, and I'm trying to do more about it, but it's just.... I don't think its working anymore. I need to pick myself up as soon as possible, but right now I'm just struggling with the enormous amount of homework teachers are giving us. I have all my mock results, but some im more happy then others. I'm really upset by my french speaking mock, in which I got a D.... :cry: and my biology, where I got a B. However, in my chemistry I got a C ( 2 marks off a B) , which was wayyyyyy better than I expected, and in the french written paper, and maths I got A!

Im not ready in any shape or form and that scares the heck out of me. I've got sooo much to do!

ReputationRep:
    OK, so here's the thing. I forgot bout this place...:closedeyes: And I feel really bad about it. But I figured better late than never, so I'm going to continue because I'm not going to give this up.

So, quick recap...

Exams went... not as well as I expected. I'm expecting to have to retake maths, cause C2 and M1 went terribly...:cry: and now I'm also expecting to drop Chemistry, cause I don't know how I'll cope with another year... Things I've learnt over the past few months:

1. Exams are the devil(:devil:) and I hate them:argh:
    2. I've completely changed my career choice to midwifery now. :awesome::dance: and writing a personal statement is super difficult
    3.Results day is ridiculously scary,:shot: and despite me having said that, I think I've reached a sense of acceptance for whatever happens cause I can't possibly change any of it now
    4. I'm really terrible at summer homework:innocent:

Only 5 days till the results, so I'll maybe update then...or not because we are off on holiday the same day, and I may not get the chance to... but for now, French homework, here I come!!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck Keep trying and achieve your goal. All the very best. Here you can any doubts, and i will try to answer as much as possible. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    So.... Now that I'm back from holiday, I can very proudly say that I got BBBB which I'm more than happy with. My biology was only 4 UMS off an A so I hope to push that this year to have an overall A. Also. In gonna really try and make my teachers predict me an A for next year because without the prediction I can't apply to my favourite unis.

I'm dropping chemistry cause I don't think there's any way I can be getting a B this year, so I've decided to do French and push myself like big time when it comes to the speaking because that's what pushed my grade down last time.

So yeah, FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL TODAY AND IM SO EXCITED BUT ALSO TERRIFIED. I haven't actually finished the summer homework. Oops

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.