Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am currently in year 12 studying maths, History, chemistry and physics, and studying Further Maths independently. I am hoping to drop history is a few days, but due to my mock exams not going very well the sixth form is worried about me dropping the subject in case I fail the others. For my mock exams I got:

Maths: C
    Chemistry: U
    Physics: U
    History: C

I'm hoping doing this will motivate me to do well and get the grades I'm hoping for. My target is to get an A in maths, a B is physics, a B in chemistry a C in history (only if I cannot drop it just yet) and a C in Further Maths.

I am not sure what University I would like to go to yet, it depends on what I get for my exams I will decide.

I am hoping to keep up to date with what I'm doing, like revision, regular mock results and so on. I'm hoping to do it every couple of days or so.

I hope everyone gets the grades they want and everyone stays motivated to do well! Good luck people!!:awesome:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I wouldn't worry about those mock grades, you have months until the real exams to knuckle down and work hard. I think that success in physics and chemistry is down to exam technique and solid understanding, so focus on those and you should be able to get b/a

ReputationRep:
    16 weeks 24/7 is a long time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and yeah, especially for physics, I understand the class work and normally do quite well in lessons, but when it comes down to the mocks, I just don't do very well

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd do an update of what I've done today. So far I've gone through all of my physics class work and made notes of it all. Having a rest for the moment, and then I'm gonna write one of my history essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Barnsper)
    Just thought I'd do an update of what I've done today. So far I've gone through all of my physics class work and made notes of it all. Having a rest for the moment, and then I'm gonna write one of my history essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya,

Just thought I'd catch up and see how everything's going for you How has your past week been? How are feeling about your subjects? Are there any that you're finding challenging? What's going well? :woo:

Have you had any more thoughts about what universities you'd like to go to?

I also see that you haven't verified your blog yet - the deadline for verification is next Monday the 16th; so let me know :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.