Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So..how's everyone finding the 40 markers haha?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of marks, I'm doing alright. However it's taking me as long than the duration of the Geog 3 exam to do one!

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djangoo)
    lol I think everyone feels the same tbh. Although I do find that Vulcanicity ones are easier to tackle than urbanisation/globalisation ones.

So which topics are you doing then and how are you finding them?
    I'd agree there. I've just finished World Cities and Tectonics, and I've moved on to Weather and Conflict. World Cities wasn't bad, just case study overload. Tectonics is OK too, but lots of people do it as the essay so my Physical teacher discouraged us from doing it come June.

So they're OK but my mock is too soon,and timing is an issue! It sounds like you've done those two also

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing World cities/Globalisation/Vucanicity and just started weather...wbu, are you doing 4 as well?

Hmm I can see where they're coming from. Personally, I'd choose a physical one.
    Yeah I'm doing the 4 I mentioned on the last reply! I did deserts last year and really benefitted from it being the least popular. I'll definitely chose physical essay in the mock!

Are your mocks coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you say you benefitted because doing a less popular one meant that your answers didn't have to 'stand out'/impress as much or?

Apparently weather is supposed to be the most difficult topic at A2. Although it's good to have a choice IN the exam - I think I'd be much better off just focusing on the 3. What do you think?

Nah we just have class tests. Good luck with yours anyway!
    They put 2 describe questions on, 8 marks between them - so they're really easy marks! The other physical options had some explain or similar.

I think I'll enjoy studying weather. 'Weather' or not I do it in the exam is another matter

How lucky! I'd settle for a B, then hopefully an A in summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    iv been doing 40 markers often and, especially tectonics, iv been getting 32. World cities... not so good. but im wondering every year what has been the average 40 marker mark across the nation? My teachers say its 17 but iv heard something completely different somewhere else. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got a C (68%) in my mock. 8/25 on Tectonics structured questions and 36/40 on World Cities essay.

Part of the reason for my low Tectonic mark is I wrote about minor extrusive landforms instead of intrusive!!
    The essay obviously went well. I wanted a B but it's promising for summer.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone have a copy of the June 2014 unit 3 paper????

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, pdf is too large.

What is your e-mail?
    I'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    Better solution. Link to pdf:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...eTA&authuser=0

Your welcome
    Think you need to allow others to access it or something, it says 'You need permission' when I click the link.

ReputationRep:
    Better solution. Link to pdf:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...eTA&authuser=0

Your welcome
    Do you, by any chance, also have the mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    You sir, are a hero.
    This the the unit 1, thought you were linking the unit 3?

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone have the June 2014 unit 3 paper??

ReputationRep:
    So..how's everyone finding the 40 markers haha?
    I find the 40 markers easier than the shorter questions, once you get the hang of the structure it gets easier, you just need to get all the case studies in, and I struggle with the time pressure.
    I'm doing World cities, ecosystems and conflict in the summer, they're quite interesting.

(Original post by Geography56892)
    So does anyone have the June 2014 unit 3 paper??
    I think June 2014 papers are off limits to non-teachers? They're always used as mocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjld_polako)
    I find the 40 markers easier than the shorter questions, once you get the hang of the structure it gets easier, you just need to get all the case studies in, and I struggle with the time pressure.
    I'm doing World cities, ecosystems and conflict in the summer, they're quite interesting.

I think June 2014 papers are off limits to non-teachers? They're always used as mocks.
    Yeh but I didnt know if the people who sat the exam had made an unofficial one.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Why do you find the shorter answers more difficult then? I think having a structure helps massively too, but the questions vary so much, it becomes difficult to have a set structure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I find it hard to tell what the short answers are looking for, always seem to be several marks short. And the 'describe' questions are just a pain. Essays you can get into a good rhythm and there's more to write.

ReputationRep:
    does the mantle consist of the asthenosphere and the mesophere? If so, what are the properties of each? The books is a bit vague:rolleyes: thanks!

ReputationRep:
    what topics is everyone looking at?

(Original post by jenny1995)
    what topics is everyone looking at?
    Hello, nearly finished the course and studying weather, ecosystems and world cities. We've been told to do the essay on the topic we most enjoy, is this what most people do?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any good revision material for plate tectonics/weather/world cities/globalisation? The textbooks are so vague and rubbish!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.