Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it true that this forum dislikes people who complain about being bested in life? watch

ReputationRep:
    By which I mean, for example, those who say 'it's unfair they left me for X [who is frankly better, the forum admits]'.

I am trying to see to what extent the student body and adult population agree with the tenets of the self-esteem movement-I strongly suspect they disagree. By this I mean, they think unconditional self-worth is foolish, and people should be valued based on their abilities skills and outputs. Such an example means that people should not get in a hissy-fit when e.g. their partner trades up to someone of (objectively) higher status.

I considered the option of 'it's unfair they get X and I only got a pat on the back because [in some way they did better/more etc.]' but this would be almost unanimously agreed upon.

ReputationRep:
    This forum is not a sentient being!

OR IS IT??? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    people cheat for various reasons. it's not just about looks...good looking people get cheated on all the time, and for people of any status. It's not a PC view, just fact.

I think as cheating is inevitable, we need to stop monogamy.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody hates people people who blame others for their own failings, this forum/it's users are not special in that regard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    This forum is not a sentient being!

OR IS IT??? :eek:
    :eek:

it's evolving.. soon it will know all our weaknesses

---

and i think people in general dislike excessive moaning. it's a very British attitude to just get on with it, stiff upper lip and all that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Everybody hates people people who blame others for their own failings, this forum/it's users are not special in that regard.
    yes, which is fair enough, but this forum seems to remind others they are to blame when e.g. their ex leaves them from someone of higher value. This is not something I often hear in real life. For example, I could honestly say to my sister 'maybe he wouldn't have cheated and left you with Baby if you didn't eat so ****ing much' but how do you feel she would react to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix.forllz)
    people cheat for various reasons. it's not just about looks...good looking people get cheated on all the time, and for people of any status. It's not a PC view, just fact.

I think as cheating is inevitable, we need to stop monogamy.
    aye I also believe polygamy and hypergamy are inevitable

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.