Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you like a class joker or a serious guy? Watch

Or do you like a bit of both? Please elaborate!

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Please elaborate OP.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by joker, and serious guy. if by joker you mean the class clown, then no, but if you mean funny, then of course thats great! But making me laugh isn't hugely important to me, so either, I guess.

(Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Yup. Please elaborate OP.

Do you like someone who constantly cracks joke and is very laidback or do you like a person who's more serious and less "jokey". Or a combination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you like someone who constantly cracks joke and is very laidback or do you like a person who's more serious and less "jokey". Or a combination.
    Sigh. I wanted to know why you were asking this. I'm nosy. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'd say someone who is serious but not a bore; able to take a joke and not 'sulk'; fun to be around but not overly in your face optimistic that they don't come with a 'off-switch'. So a combination.
    And it depends on the jokes... aka Christmas cracker standards are not appreciated...

ReputationRep:
    I like a combination of both. I used to date 'the class clown' in secondary school. People used to ask how I put up with him, it wasn't hard he kinda showed me the serious side of him which no one else saw. So yeah a bit of both suits me. I love a bit of banter myself, but its nice to have someone that helps bring me back down to earth.

(Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Sigh. I wanted to know why you were asking this. I'm nosy. :rolleyes:
    I'll satisfy your curiosity. Truth is I'm quite a jokey guy but I feel it's a put off-putting as times. It's true girls like guys who make them laugh but being a comedian all the time isn't something they're drawn to, so I've turned it down a notch.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Serious, I can't stand someone who makes a joke about everything.

ReputationRep:
    A nice mix is good.

ReputationRep:
    Both The guy I like atm is both a joker and serious when the occasion demands it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll satisfy your curiosity. Truth is I'm quite a jokey guy but I feel it's a put off-putting as times. It's true girls like guys who make them laugh but being a comedian all the time isn't something they're drawn to, so I've turned it down a notch.
    Thanks.

That sounds like a good plan. Though don't be someone you're not Hope it all works out.

Yeah. :P
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't want to be with someone who couldn't be serious at times and I wouldn't want to be with someone who couldn't take a joke either. There has to be a balance of both.

ReputationRep:
    No some jokes here and there.someone that can make them laugh

ReputationRep:
    Being serious at the right times is a good quality.

ReputationRep:
    It all becomes irrelevant if he has Tom Cruise's face,six pack abs and chest.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both, but if I were to choose between I'd definitely take a guy who was more of a joker. I'm very jokey and sarcastic so love when someone can share that. I don't like people who take everything (including themselves) very seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I like guys who can make me laugh but is also sensible, serious but not too much so. Class clowns are not my bag.

From my experience, I've been attracted to the class joker/ guys who make witty and lame jokes.

I guess opposites attract

ReputationRep:
    Both. It's better to be a variety of things.

Also bear in mind that whether you're a joker/serious depends on the company you're around as well as you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.