Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I've already studied for two years (Music) but left as the course was awful. Obviously student finance will only fund me for 4 years total.

    I was wondering if anyone has managed to join a Comp Sci degree in the second year? If so what would be the best way to go about that, contacting Uni's directly? I assume you would have to pass some sort of test to prove competency?

    Any help is appreciated,

    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Hi travismoore

    Have you been in touch with Student Finance England to clarify that?
    There are a lot of 5 year UG degree courses out there, so I'm not sure if that's correct, I suppose it depends on how you interpret the eligibility under "You've studied before"


    Anyway, you'd be best to contact the unis you're interested in directly in the first instance and ask the question. It'll depend on loads of factors as to whether a uni will take you or not, so I’d make a list of your preferred unis and give them a call.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2015
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.