Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

I am considering applying to do a psychology conversion course, but considering I am already in debt from my last degree, I want to get it right. I have a BA in Spanish and an MA in International Business and Socio-Economic Development, but I'm realizing I have a very strong interest in certain areas of psychology e.g. cultural psychology, positive psychology (mindfulness) etc. and interested in looking at how technological societies affect our mental states and impact on our levels of civic engagement. However, because I don't have a lot of past experience in psychology there is obviously bound to be a lot that I don't know and other areas that may be of more interest, so I don't want to put myself in a position of getting into a programme that is a one way track to a specific career path with no room for flexibility.

I am currently looking into the conversion courses offered at Sheffield Hallam University and Liverpool Hope University. I'm at the early stages of looking into these programmes. Does anyone have any insight they can offer into these courses??

Thanks! - Chelsea
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.