Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does any one have any recommendations of what topics to revise for the subject knowledge tests for early years teaching interviews? My interview is at edge hill on Wednesday, and I was just wondering as I haven't studied maths English or science since GCSE so I need to recap on a few things but don't want to waste my time if they wont been in the test paper! Thankyou for any help in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got my interview next week so nervous. I've heard few toons, decimals, percentages, averages etc r in maths. English is spelling, grammar, comprehension. Not too sure of science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmajberry)
    Hi, I've got my interview next week so nervous. I've heard few toons, decimals, percentages, averages etc r in maths. English is spelling, grammar, comprehension. Not too sure of science
    Hey sorry I didn't reply quickly I had my interview on Wednesday and it went really well and ive been offered a conditional place Here a few topics to look over before your interview as the tests are GCSE level and if your like me you wont remember much from you GCSE as they were 2 years ago or more .
    maths- percentages, decimals, fractions, algebra (value of x), ratio , adding , subtracting, multiplication & long division.
    English- . The English section is all based on a children's poem and you have to say whether some of the word are Adjectives, nouns, verbs &adverbs, there's also punctuation and comprehension questions. Also look at personification etc
    Science- the universe/space, plant &animal cells, protons/electrons/atoms/neutrons, electrical circuits, photosynthesis, what part of the body digests fat. In the science section there is little case studies and most of your answers come from there.

written task- first question is based on four different opinions on learning and you had to explain what you thought was the best and why.
    2nd question was asking should teachers have a lot of knowledge and the 3rd question was based on your own experience

Good Luck with your interview! I hope this helps..

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have my interview next Tuesday, Sooo nervous about it!

What where the educational issues part & the discussion task about provision of play like? xx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! The presentation bit was a bit strange in my interview, we had to merge our continuous play based education activity with another candidates. Make a list of the key areas before you start so you can tick them off. Good luck!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.