Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I am a full time student in my 2nd year out of a 4 year degree. I am thinking of cutting down to part time as of Sept as the workload feels impossible with a family.. My husband is starting a full time 3 year degree in September and will cutting down his work to part time.
    Are we likely to qualify for Childcare grant if one of us studies full time and the other studies part time?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hello sarah-jayne,

    As long as neither of you are being paid the Child Care Element of Working Families Tax Credits then you will be able to make an application for a Childcare Grant.

    AS your husband will be the Full Time Student then he will make the application to us.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.