Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm starting my new job in a week and I'm doing a 12hr shift.
    my question is to the experienced heath care workers what are the best shoes.
    Which ones lasted and were comfortable as I know my feet are going to kill me!
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Not worked in health as of yet, but from teaching experience: wear whatever your feet are used to! Don't wear brand new shoes on a massive long shift, cos your feet will kill you. Break them in first, and then you'll be good.

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in care doing night shifts and I was better off wearing flat shoes that I'd already worn out a little. Stay away from boots and heeled shoes. You could probably get away with wearing Crocs as they're pretty durable and comfy, although not the most attractive looking shoes in the world but your comfort is the most important thing when you're constantly on your feet! I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear trainers and would get terrible knee and back pain, moved to crocs and pain free! Yeah they may be ugly and you may trip over them when you start to feel tired but it feels like walking on pillows!

ReputationRep:
    I wear these http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352544 and my feet never ache after a 12 hour shift. They are well worth the money, they're so comfy.

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for clarks let's see how I get on. Hope no blisters.

ReputationRep:
    They're amazing! I never got blisters with mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your feet adapt to being on them very quickly! As a health carer myself, I'd recommend shoes that have a soft padded feel to them with a good source of grip (I got mine from shoe zone), especially for when it comes to moving and handling patients. After a while your shoes will wear in to fit your feet and make them feel comfy 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    I used to work in care doing night shifts and I was better off wearing flat shoes that I'd already worn out a little. Stay away from boots and heeled shoes. You could probably get away with wearing Crocs as they're pretty durable and comfy, although not the most attractive looking shoes in the world but your comfort is the most important thing when you're constantly on your feet! I hope this helps.
    A lot of places have banned crocs outside of areas like theatres. I have a pair of sketchers shoes with memoryfoam soles which have lasted me a couple of years so far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.