Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everything is becoming hectic,I've literally got 4 months till summer exams. We're doing controlled assessments here and there and preparing for mocks. I don't know how to catch up in terms of going over everything. I'm trying to go over the whole units for chemistry, maths and also read novels for English lit. This seems so difficult, finding time to catch up in revision and study along with new concepts. I just want to be in control of my study time but I'm so confused, unorganised with it all. It's frustrating and stressing me out. Help!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Everything is becoming hectic,I've literally got 4 months till summer exams. We're doing controlled assessments here and there and preparing for mocks. I don't know how to catch up in terms of going over everything. I'm trying to go over the whole units for chemistry, maths and also read novels for English lit. This seems so difficult, finding time to catch up in revision and study along with new concepts. I just want to be in control of my study time but I'm so confused, unorganised with it all. It's frustrating and stressing me out. Help!
    The first thing you need to do is make a big list :yep: . If you write down, on a piece of paper, every single thing you need to achieve (such as reading x, y and z, revise chapter 1, 2, 3), you will see exactly how much you have to do and you can visibly see yourself crossing off each task. You might even be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you can cross some of those things off!

The other thing is to stay motivated. Treat yourself to half a chocolate bar for each hour of work you manage to achieve. Take frequent breaks (10 minutes in every hour worked for me), and make sure you get enough sleep.

Finally, realise just how long 4 months actually is! That's 16 weeks! You'll be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.