Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I go out with a pushy guy! Watch

So basically ive known this guy for a quite a while. He's related to my cousin so I've met him when I was younger.

We were texting quite a lot afterwards I thought he was a lovely guy. He said he wants me to go to his house. So I did and we ended up doing things sexual. He was rather pushy though. Then I panicked and ignored him for a while until I was 20. He said he regretted what he did and said sorry. He was around 17 at this time.

We ended up chatting quite a a lot this past year. He said he's changed and wants us to be together. He's liked me since I was younger and wanted sex with me, only problem is he pressured me and forced me into it. One day I thought I can't have him keep going on about it. So we had sex it was ok he made me feel safe and comfortable. It was our both first times afterwards I regretted it and thought I shouldn't of given in. He said he wants to do with me again he explained to me I'm the love of his life and wants us to be together.

i do like him but can't get this out of my head. I'm scared he will do it again help!!

ReputationRep:
    You should never ever feel scared in a relationship. If you really are the love of his life, he will wait to have sex until you are comfortable. If he wants you to be together it is all the more reason for him to wait, not to push you into anything!

ReputationRep:
    You clearly don't trust him, so I'd say run for the hills!

He might not be a bad person, it might just be that he needs a stronger-willed partner to keep him in check. But from the sounds of it if you two were together you wouldn't have much choice in matters, and is that really what you want in a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    If you're scared don't do it. You don't sound as though you trust him, OP.

NO means NO, not 'pressure me to have sex with you please'

Yeah we had sex before and he said next time it will be better since it was our first time.

Hes is already said to me before if he didn't have sex he would leave me if we were out. I'm 21 and not really interested in it.

I just don't want to be pushed into it again once is enough

ReputationRep:
    Don't go near this person again, end of.

Yeah he doesn't quite understand. He said he's changed but I said that's because he's got what he wanted he said that's not true.

It get worse recently I found out he was going to ask me to be his Valentine for the day. Is he deledud or something!

ReputationRep:
    What the hell? He forced you into it and you're considering going back? Run for the hills! (And call the police!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It get worse recently I found out he was going to ask me to be his Valentine for the day. Is he deledud or something!
    Ok he sounds like he's reaching stalker levels. Do NOT go out with him; you'll only encourage him. Tell him firmly you're not interested and to leave you alone. The fact your unsure at all should tell you you're in a bad place seeing him.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    The fact that you're questionning it, suggests you probably know deep down that you really don't want to.

My advice? Stay away. I wouldn't even want to be friends with him.

ReputationRep:
    No, stay away as far as you can. He's just in for the sex and throwing the "you're the love of my life" card at you so you feel special and give into his pleasures.

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually want to be with him?
    It's natural to have some doubts about having sex when you're in a new relationship etc, but if you don't like him then it's not worth that! (my first boyfriend did pressurise me too) - equally, it depends how pressurised you felt, and how bluntly/ honestly you've said this to him.
    The fact you haven't "run for the hills" indicates there may be some nerves, but perhaps not enough to cut contact

Why call the police and yes he forced me and pushed me. I felt I had to do it to shut him up. I know deep down I shouldn't but he keeps saying he's changed. I don't think he quite understands what he's done.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why call the police and yes he forced me and pushed me. I felt I had to do it to shut him up. I know deep down I shouldn't but he keeps saying he's changed. I don't think he quite understands what he's done.
    Well he is not a nice guy if he pushed you into it and to be honest if he has done this once then he will probably feel he can do it again despite what he says. It's up to you if you want to be with a guy who pressures you but if I was in your shoes, I'd be running away.

He's pushed me into it before when we were younger. He said to me he's changed but I think that's because he's got what he wanted. Makes it worse he doesn't understand from my point of view at all.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    He's pushed me into it before when we were younger. He said to me he's changed but I think that's because he's got what he wanted. Makes it worse he doesn't understand from my point of view at all.
    He is only saying that so he can get what he wants from you again when it suits him.

Yeah I've already asked him that and he said it's not sure..

So did he rape me? He said after he regrets force and pushing me into it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.