Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    he hates Bush. his whole motivation is for Bush to lose the next election. who says? he does.
    Yes hes entirely subjective. His documentaries and books should be taken with heavy pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    he hates Bush. his whole motivation is for Bush to lose the next election. who says? he does.
    He was around before bush. He was writting books before bush was president. And if bush hasn't done anything wronge he has nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    He was around before bush.He was writting books before bush was president.
    Irrelevant.

And if bush hasn't done anything wronge he has nothing to worry about.
    True, however the problem with Moore is his attempts to discredit Bush (and i think there is a lot of ammunition here for Moore) he leaves aside all attempts at impartiality and objectivity which leaves him open to ridicule and his documentaries to accusations of propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    True, however the problem with Moore is his attempts to discredit Bush (and i think there is a lot of ammunition here for Moore) he leaves aside all attempts at impartiality and objectivity which leaves him open to ridicule and his documentaries to accusations of propaganda.
    He has a lot of people in washington worried, which is a good thing, I mean why not keep the people in power on their toes. And like i said if as according to you he is ridiculed and his documentaries are propoganda then Bush has nothing to be worride about.

ReputationRep:
    He has a lot of people in washington worried, which is a good thing, I mean why not keep the people in power on their toes. And like i said if as according to you he is ridiculed and his documentaries are propoganda then Bush has nothing to be worride about.
    Look, the point is that he lets him self become so subjective that people can quite legitimately label his work as anti bush/republican propaganda and thus ignore all of it,INCLUDING the legitimate stuff which completely defeats the purpose. His aim with fahrenheit 9/11 is to completely show up Bush to the american public, if the american public cant take anything he says at face value because of his lack of objectivity he defeats himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Look, the point is that he lets him self become so subjective that people can quite legitimately label his work as anti bush/republican propaganda and thus ignore all of it,INCLUDING the legitimate stuff which completely defeats the purpose. His aim with fahrenheit 9/11 is to completely show up Bush to the american public, if the american public cant take anything he says at face value because of his lack of objectivity he defeats himself.
    I won't judge the new film until I have seen it but it sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    I won't judge the new film until I have seen it but it sounds good.
    Yes it does, and i thoroughly enjoyed Bowling for Columbine. Moores ability as a film maker is not in question, all im saying is that he harms his own ambitions by becoming so involved, hes supposed to be a documentary maker after all not a democratic party spokesman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    Umm I don't know which version you saw, but when I saw it the bank clerk explicitly said that they keep the guns in the vault of the bank. And you do see Moore filling in a form verifying his identity-remember he asks how whether he is white or caucasian? I presume he would only need to verify his identity as he is already a gun owner and so has already undergone the relevant checks.
    Yes, but you don't see the bank contacting the FBI and he makes it appear that the vault is in the bank. The vault she is refering to is located four hours away. Notice how she never says "bank vault".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Yes, but you don't see the bank contacting the FBI and he makes it appear that the vault is in the bank. The vault she is refering to is located four hours away. Notice how she never says "bank vault".
    Exactly. Its little things like that which allow people to dismiss Moores work as being biased.

ReputationRep:
    You should be worried too. Are you British?
    Hezbollah is offering to "help" with the distribution of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 in the Middle East. This is definately going to increase anti-western feelings in the Middle East and likely going to lead to the deaths of more civilians and British and American troops.

ReputationRep:
    Hezbollah is offering to "help" with the distribution of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 in the Middle East. This is definately going to increase anti-western feelings in the Middle East and likely going to lead to the deaths of more civilians and British and American troops.
    Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    they are helping, Moore's distributors apparently just want to 'access' the Lebanese 'market'. they couldnt refuse.

ReputationRep:
    they are helping, Moore's distributors apparently just want to 'access' the Lebanese 'market'. they couldnt refuse.
    Grow up you two.... :rolleyes: yes blame Michael Moore for terrorism...passing the buck anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Grow up you two.... :rolleyes: yes blame Michael Moore for terrorism...passing the buck anyone?
    I think you are being naive. Don't underestimate the power of propaganda films. Hezbollah is a terrorist organization. Ask yourself why it is so important to Hezbollah that people in the middle east see this film

ReputationRep:
    yes blame Michael Moore for terrorism...
    where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildAmerican)
    Most blacks are criminals in America. 1 out of 4 black males goes to prison. Dont give me that "oh its poverty making them do it" bit. Whites have more poverty than the blacks and the whites dont resort to criminal behavior. Its just inbred into blacks to commit crimes. Whatsmore, 90% of their crimes are covered up by the jewish media. http://www.jabpage.org/features/racestat/vcrime.html these are just a handful of the crimes of blacks on whites that was covered up. There are hundreds more that get done the same way. But let a white man get a parking ticket and its on CNN for a month. I cant beleive that some liberals are too ignorant to see the truth.

you pathetic racist *******

ReputationRep:
    I thought Bowling for Columbine was a brilliant movie and at the start was quite funny but then gradually became poignant, the comparison with canada was also quite interesting as was the culture of fear that he showed. I also read both books and i agree that dude where's my country was not such a good book as Stupid White Men particularly because he spent so much time talking about the changes that bush had made in this long list format and also i couldn't remember all the names that kept being thrown at me.
    However i do agree with what somebody said a while back (shiny maybe??) that if guns are banned in a country then proportionally less people can own them and there are therefore less guns in the country which can only be a good thing
    Oh also i think mace is banned in the uk that or pepper spray or both not sure.
    Another point i think people have forgotten is that if you are going to burgle someone a gun is really not a good idea since it makes so much noise

ReputationRep:
    where?
    sorry not you specifically but you did appear to be agreeing with Wild American

This is definately going to increase anti-western feelings in the Middle East and likely going to lead to the deaths of more civilians and British and American troops.
    The idea that a documentary by some left wing american is going to influence the actions of people on a religious jihad is almost laughable - the film is about the relationship between the Bush family and Bin Laden and all the reasons Moore believes Bush shouldnt be persident - it says nothing that will antagonise or fuel terrorism....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombomb)
    you pathetic racist *******
    please do not use offensive language.

ReputationRep:
    the film is about the relationship between the Bush family and Bin Laden and all the reasons Moore believes Bush shouldnt be persident - it says nothing that will antagonise or fuel terrorism....
    no just fuel anti-american hatred as Made in America pointed out. fuelled by lies and distortion.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.